ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > UL80VT  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Webcam not working New Topic
Lallier
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:1/16/2010 5:11:00 PM # 1
Hi everybody, I had to reinstall the initial config of my UL80VT / win 7 64. The cam was originally working but is not anymore. Is there a known issue / manipulation to do to solve this ? The new cam driver does not seem to work either.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Mediomatricus
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 187
Posted:1/16/2010 6:43:00 PM # 2
Has the cam driver installed without an error?
Is the camera recognised in Device Manager?

Fedora 12 rocks!
Lallier
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/16/2010 9:18:00 PM # 3
To my knowledge, the cam driver has installed without error, however if there is a log to check you can point me to, I will. There is one camera recognised in device manager, named USB 2.0 VGA UVC Webcam. The weird thing to me is that the name seems to imply it is a USB cam, whereas it is embedded. The install disk from asus has another soft, not identified as a driver but as a "recommended application", called "asus virtual cam". This virtual cam I can not find in the device manager. When I run liveframe, the cam dîplay remains dark or even transparent. I have liveframe 3.0.20. Asus virtual cam is version 1.0.17 and appears in the application lists. The USB2.0 VGA UVC Webcam is v61.5.200.270 It is provided by Chicony. The ID number indicated in the driver is VID_04F2&PID_B036&MI_00.

Mediomatricus
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 187
Posted:1/16/2010 9:59:00 PM # 4
Yes your camera should be recognised as an USB camera, although is does not seem to be.

As far as I remember, Asus Virtual Cam has nothing to do with a camera driver. I forget what it does but you do not need it to get the camera working. As such, you will not find a "Virtual Camera" in device manager.

If you use Skype, or Windows Live Messenger, do they recognise the camera?

Quote:
Author: Lallier Posted: 1/16/2010 9:18:00 PM

To my knowledge, the cam driver has installed without error, however if there is a log to check you can point me to, I will. There is one camera recognised in device manager, named USB 2.0 VGA UVC Webcam. The weird thing to me is that the name seems to imply it is a USB cam, whereas it is embedded. The install disk from asus has another soft, not identified as a driver but as a "recommended application", called "asus virtual cam". This virtual cam I can not find in the device manager. When I run liveframe, the cam dîplay remains dark or even transparent. I have liveframe 3.0.20. Asus virtual cam is version 1.0.17 and appears in the application lists. The USB2.0 VGA UVC Webcam is v61.5.200.270 It is provided by Chicony. The ID number indicated in the driver is VID_04F2&PID_B036&MI_00.

Fedora 12 rocks!
Andri
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 324
Posted:1/16/2010 10:26:00 PM # 5
There's a newer version of the webcam driver which is v61.5.200.290, and there's also a firmware update version FW6322 for it. Install the firmware update first and then the new webcam driver. Both are available at the Asus support download website for the UL80VT.

Also, make sure that the Camera is not disabled in Power4Gear Hybrid. If it is disabled, you will see a small black down arrow next to the USB 2.0 VGA UVC WebCam in Device Manager. If you see that arrow, you need to enable it first before installing the firmware update and new driver.

If the firmware update and new driver installation go well, Asus Liveframe should work with the camera.

Lallier
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/17/2010 12:35:00 AM # 6
Thank you for all your answers. @Andri I found the driver, but not the firmware. Are you talking about the bios ? could you please give me the link for the new firmware ? Thank you

Lallier
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/17/2010 12:36:00 AM # 7
With MSN the cam just shows a blank display.

Andri
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 324
Posted:1/17/2010 2:17:00 AM # 8
You need to install the firmware update to fix the MSN problem. Download it from the following link: http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?model=UL80VT&f_name=CKF7010_20090908_FW6322_V3022_C2.zip&f_type=28&os=24

Lallier
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/17/2010 5:28:00 PM # 9
Ok. So reinstalling the firmware and then the driver alone did not solve the problem with lifeframe.

I had also to desinstall, reboot and reinstall the last version of lifeframe to make it work.

Works well now, thanks everybody.

alex79
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:1/26/2012 10:37:00 PM # 10
you must update bios with the new bios from asus downloads

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.