Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > UL30VT  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Windows 7 taskbar keeps unhiding itself New Topic
WarnerYoung
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:2/19/2010 5:14:00 AM # 1
I usually have my taskbar set to Auto-hide.  But every time I reboot, or switch graphics option, the taskbar unhides itself.  Does anyone know how I can fix this?

I searched the forum and found some other threads about this.  They suggest editing the P4G.ini file and changing TASKBAR=1 to TASKBAR=0.  However, the P4G.ini file in my system doesn't have any lines with TASKBAR in it.  I tried adding TASKBAR=0 to every section in the file, but it still doesn't work.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
WarnerYoung
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:2/26/2010 5:42:00 AM # 2

Quote:
Author: WarnerYoung Posted: 2/19/2010 5:14:00 AM

I usually have my taskbar set to Auto-hide.  But every time I reboot, or switch graphics option, the taskbar unhides itself.  Does anyone know how I can fix this?

I searched the forum and found some other threads about this.  They suggest editing the P4G.ini file and changing TASKBAR=1 to TASKBAR=0.  However, the P4G.ini file in my system doesn't have any lines with TASKBAR in it.  I tried adding TASKBAR=0 to every section in the file, but it still doesn't work.

Since no one has replied, and I haven't been able to figure out what causes this, I decided the easiest way to fix it was to write a program that would make the Taskbar hide itself again any time it got unhidden.  So at least there's a workaround.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.