ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > U50A  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Touchpad won't work New Topic
Tim
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:12/28/2009 6:06:00 PM # 1
Okay, I'm new to Asus VIP forums. So awesome. Now onto business...

Just for the record: I own an ASUS u50a notebook. Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD.

I received a free copy of Windows 7 Ultimate Edition from Microsoft under the Microsoft Developers Network. I installed it and for the most part, I am very pleased with it. But there have been some eccentricities that haven't occured before. For example, when I first installed W7 Ultimate, I discovered none of my hotkeys worked like they did before the installation. So I figure, "Let me pop in my ASUS driver disk." Weird error message: Only works on *proceeds to list every Microsoft operating system INCLUDING MINE, even in the x64 version* "Okay....."

So, I hop over to the ASUS website, download the HotKey drivers and run them. So now I have my sound control, my brightness control, the control to my LCD screen, the control to my visual output (i.e. my HDMI port), and every function except for disabling my touchpad. I use this laptop for online gaming and such (Combat Arms. nothing TOO demanding) but it is a PAIN to accidentally hit the touchpad when I'm typing to my teammates while trying to use my USB mouse at the same time. I installed some driver and now my touchpad won't even work! Any solutions?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
The world is ours for the taking, so baby let's rob 'em blind. They'll never break our spirit, babe, they'll never hack our mind. Get to the root of the issue and find a gentle soul, he'll offer you a drink of kindness, partake until you're full.
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.