Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > R2H  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Touchscreen disabled? New Topic
Corvus
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:10/8/2008 12:20:00 PM # 1
I have an ASUS R2H tablet PC running Windows XP. It has been serving me well for years, but just today the touchscreen suddenly stopped working. I can plug in a mouse, but this largely destroys the advantage of a tablet.

I have not installed or removed any applications. I have tried restarting, to no benefit, and running ASUS Live Update, which simply waits forever and I have to End Task it.

I tried running Microsoft Update, searching Google, and the ASUS form to no benefit.

I realize this is a poor description, but wonder if there are any other troubleshooting action I can take.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
tricorder
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 30
Posted:10/8/2008 10:34:00 PM # 2
Hi Corvus. Maybe I am wrong or You have already attempted to check on the switch placed on the top border of your device. On my R2E, there is a switch (on/off) useful to able or disable the touch screen ability.
BYE

Corvus
Level :
Posted:10/8/2008 11:09:00 PM # 3
If you mean the "Hold" switch, that is not the problem. Only the touchscreen is disabled and everything else works; a mouse, the front panel buttons, and nubbin to move the cursor work. The Hold switch disables all controls on the front panel, not just the touchscreen, and only the touchscreen is disabled.

I installed Adobe Air the day before the touchscreen went dead. I uninstalled it, but that did not fix it.

van Rooyen
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/9/2009 6:06:00 PM # 4
I have exactly the same problem. Does anyone know what the drivers are for the touch screen

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.