Topic : [Problem]Windows Failed to start New Topic
Scott
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:1/9/2009 7:47:00 PM # 1
My computer will not start and has given me the following error messaage:

"Windows Error Recovery
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."

Other Options:
If power was iinterrupted during startup, choose Start Windows Normally.

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Last Known Good Configuration (advanced)
Start Windows Normally"

I chose start windows normally and the following error appeared:

"Windows Error Recovery
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."
If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \Windows\system32\config\system

Info: Windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing, or corrupt."

I placed the recovery DVD that came with my laptop but the procedures outlined in the manual do not work in this senario. Through looking through the internet this seems to be a common problem that seems partially unanswered and a solution that does not require send to a service centre would be great.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Willy
Level :
Tech Points : 3969
Posted:1/9/2009 8:43:00 PM # 2

Restore your M51Vr to the factory settings.  Restart your computer.  Press F9 key immediately when the ASUS logo appears.  The recovery procedure will start now.  Follow the instructions.  Your computer will be restored to the factory settings.

Good luck!!

Koo
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:1/10/2009 2:22:00 AM # 3
Hey. I had a similar problem, couldn't get to windows (Vista) and none of the [F8] options worked either. Since the recovery cds or the hidden partition aren't the same thing as "windows installation disc" you could try making your own repair disc. I did and was able to get Vista working again. Here's a great link and info: http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/

Hope this helps!

Scott
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:1/10/2009 4:02:00 PM # 4
Thanks a lot. The F9/F8 options do not work but the website provided by Koo helped me to recover my computer.

The way I recovered my system is by placing the Asus recovery DVD into your drive and restart my computer.Then
    - Press F2 repeatably when the Asus logo appears to open the bios.
    - Select boot and then change the boot priority list to boot from CD/DVD opposed to Hard Drive.
    - Select Save and Exit and Follow the on screen instructions.

Once you have finish it may be handy to re-enter the bios and change to priority booting to Hard Drive and you will also need your asus driver disk during the recovery process. In addition you will need to use this disk once the recovery is complete to re-install some applications as well as drivers for things like wireless internet.

Warning: This method erases all files and non-original programs. It resets the computer to its original factory state. Ensure that you have all your files on another medium or contact asus for other methods that may help you recover your data. Also once you have put the recovery DVD into your computer, DO NOT REMOVE IT, unless instructed to do so by the on-screen instructions.

All the best to anyone who has this problem in the future.

ling
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:3/29/2014 1:19:00 PM # 5
After reformat my asus k43u,  my laptop will not not start and has given me the following error messaage:

Asvanced Boot Options
Choose Advanced option for :Window 7
(use the arrow key to highlight your choice.)

Repair Your computer

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Enable Boot Logging
Enable loe-resolution video(640x480)
Last Known Good Configuration (advanced)
Directory services Restore Mode
Debuggging Mode
Disable automatic restart on system failure
Disable Driver signature enforcement

Start Windows Normally"

pls help out., i try reformat so many time still come out this error messaage.....

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.