SEARCH
ASUS Member ID
Password
Forgot password?
Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > M50Vm  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Wont load,operatehumminsound,thud,needs to be plugged in to even turn on.? New Topic
rodriguez-luna
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:6/28/2009 3:28:00 AM # 1
1-LAP TOP wont power on by itself no matter how long it sits with the plug in charging must have pluG into it to operate or turn but does show it is charging. 2-turns on makes a beep sound with a thud noise every 5 seconds or so. 3- screen stays on ASUS symbol for about 3 minutes. 4-after that a screen would appear saying "REBOOT AND SELECT PROPER BOOT DEVICE OR INSET BOOT MEDIA IN SELECTED BOOT DEVICE AND PRESS ANY KEY" 5A- AFTER THIS I TRY TO PUT IN THE RECOVERY disk IT LOADS UP THEN WHEN IT SAY WHAT type of recovery you want for ur hard drive I CLICK TWO PARTITIONS or what ever i tried them all AS SOON AS I click next thisTHIS APPEARS. 5-"Cannot set temp path to work in" ERROR( below that in big red letters the word error appears) I dunno what happened to this laptop I left it home while was on deployment.. FROM WHAT i WAS TOLD THEY WERE PLAYING A VIDEO GAME WHEN when this error occured but now to entirely sure Im think or I am not sure it might have something to do with the hardrive.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Grim Reaper
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:7/1/2009 5:07:00 AM # 2
You may have 1) A bad battery and 2) A bad hard drive The hard drive would be the reason for the boot up slowdown at the Asus logo.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.