ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > K61IC  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Feedback and Suggestion]ELAN Touchpad Problem New Topic
Nick Furia
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:4/12/2010 2:19:00 AM # 11
No new driver or a solution yet. It's incredible!!! Not a serious make. This is my first and last Asus.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Forshag
Level :
Posted:4/13/2010 1:22:00 PM # 12
I have an Asus K501 bought a couple months ago at local best buy store .. have noticed that my cursor tends to "jump" from the text I am typing and go to "wherever", maybe even at the beginning of the sentence I just typed! Is this a problem with the touchpad sensitivity also? It's freaking aggravating and frustrating!!!! Is anyone else having this problem w/ their cursor?? BTW, first and LAST Asus laptop!! HP is the way to go!!

id
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:6/16/2010 7:10:00 AM # 13
TAGS: Model U50F E Lan Touch Pad Cursor Mouse AC  Battery charge electrical power

This is a serious issue! It affects usability of the notebook. If I wanted something with such poor control over the cursor when plugged in I would have bought a dell made in the 90s with the little keypad mouse control for a far more reasonable price (albeit used)

When the notebook is in AC mode the touch pad does not work correctly.

If I am grounded (while holding a ground wire or large piece of metal and sometimes if my I touch the bottom of the notebook) the cursor works fine. It also works fine while on battery.

I Believe there may be a grounding or electrical issue at hand with the ASUS notebooks. I experience the problem at any power source I use (I have tried over 8 different power sources at different locations and businesses and still have the same issue)

If you are holding any static or on thick carpet the issue seems to be worse.

LeoMM
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:6/21/2010 6:41:00 AM # 14
I went to vendor and my laptop worked very good. Seems is necessary to have AC power supply grounded, in my house I don´t have that.

If I connect RJ45 plug of LAN cable, the touchpad is inoperable!!

I bought the laptop the day that you post your message. Only that problem I had with the laptop

bye!

Nick Furia
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:9/15/2010 2:30:00 AM # 15
Grounded? No way. You can ground the power supply but the plug you connect to the laptop has only two contacts: positive and negative. No ground. If it worked right in the store must be because any other reason.

mball
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/27/2010 5:04:00 AM # 16

Quote:
Author: Anderson Posted: 2/15/2010 1:11:00 AM

They don't care!

One year, same problem, no answer, terrible support, terrible support site, no driver fix, I bought this from Best Buy based on recommendation of a sales person, last time I do that. 

I will try to total disable touchpad , it has even caused me to send emails before they were complete, it's very difficult to type.  

Google Search Terms:::  ASUS ELAN TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING
Hits = 1,150,000

David
Level :
Posted:11/9/2010 2:01:00 AM # 17
In my case, any text that highlights itself is immediately substituted for whatever was either last copied or typed. It then promptly erases itself.....I am seriously annoyed after spending this much on a laptop - and it is not a driver issue, because it is even worse in the Express Gate mode, which I presume is Linux. We are currently traveling in South America and I am dependent upon this pile of crap for Internet access and everything else I use a computer for.

Even worse, the Wi-Fi does not work unless it is in Express Gate mode, so I cannot use my portable software, and I have no idea who to contact for support here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

David

David
Level :
Posted:11/11/2010 11:37:00 AM # 18
The Elonex software allowed me to turn off the touch pad - that is a head start as far as I am concerned,  now I am able to type without losing all the text just before I complete each phrase!!!!!
Incidentally, a friend recommended trying to cover the touch pad with electrical tape....I thought that being insulated it might work - it didn't, so I wouldn't bother trying.

Good luck, and I hope this information will help those of you still frustrated by this problem. Incidentally, one side effect of this seems to be that now when typing the cursor disappears completely. But still, that is a small price to pay for being able to use the machine without the touch pad problem.

David

Posted:7/7/2011 1:18:00 AM # 19
Curious as this is the exact problem I have. On battery, 100% reliable and usable.  On AC Power, 100% unreliable and unusable.  Either jittery mouse location, incessant "tap selects", and/or simply does not move the cursor.  Uninstalling the Elan Tech SmartPad driver (to let the Microsoft PS/2 mouse default driver take over) does not seem to resolve the problem.  Using a ground-plug cheater or not on a grounded plug does not seem to make a difference.

gary
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:7/22/2011 10:05:00 PM # 20
File this under "misery likes company."  Having exact same problem and have read all the forum notes.  It is amazing that Asus has not done anything.  I have a K70I and it is a great laptop in every way but the pad.  I liked the description of someone earlier. I feel like I have a Ferrari with the steering of a Twingo.  Hoping Asus does something to solve this.

First  Prev  1 2 3  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.