Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > G72GX  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Virtual Camera / Webcam New Topic
ceraeh13
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:11/16/2009 3:32:00 AM # 1
I am trying to access my camera/webcam and it is not opening. I click on "All Prgrams", "Asus Utility", then "Asus Virtual Camera".  A window opens asking me if I want to allow the program to change settings, I say yes and the program opens in the system tray, but I still cannot get tthe camera to open to take pictures or video.

PLEASE HELP

Thank you,
Sarah

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Sinclair
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 10
Posted:11/16/2009 4:35:00 AM # 2
If you are talking about the built-in webcam, I found I could produce images from it using the "LifeFrame" icon that was already on my desk-top when I first booted-up. I hope this is of some help.
It's beyond belief to me that Asus considers a 28 page pamphlet a "Manual". Unless I am missing something, this Manual is a joke.

Good luck to all with this basically excellent machine.

-SS

wuzzalawyer
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:3/1/2010 12:40:00 PM # 3
I have no idea of what Virtual Camera is.  The webcam uses LifeFrame, but all I've been able to do with LifeFrame is take the picture.  It isn't saved anywhere but in the LifeFrame program.  It's not in My Pictures in the LifeFrame folder.  There is no manual from ASUS for any of its utilities, and when you talk with them or email with them, they have no idea where you can go for some help.  THEY don't know how to run the utilities.  The user guide IS a JOKE.  All the user manuals on ASUS's website are in Chinese.  I'm not intuitive enough to figure this out on my own.  This may be an excellent machine, but I can't testify to that because I can use it only for basic programs put out by other people and not ASUS's.  

Retired lawyer who's not that adept at computers or intuitive solutions to problems. Need instructions.
Tony
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 5
Posted:3/1/2010 7:33:00 PM # 4
LMAO I agree!

dewdude
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 64
Posted:3/2/2010 7:11:00 AM # 5
Life Frame stores images in the following folder:

C:\Users\(NAME)\Documents\ASUS\LifeFrame\Images

VirturalCamera is I BELIEVE something for some older 32-bit programs that use the old method for initializing the webcam. It doesn't appear to be a directly user-accessable program...mostly loading up and jumping to the background.

The easiest way to access LifeFrame is Fn+V.

webgeek
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:4/7/2011 9:24:00 PM # 6
see this page - http://dialectician.net/2010/11/how-to-access-asus-virtual-camera-on-your-laptop/

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.