ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > G71G  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]G71 DC power jack..broke New Topic
Adams
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:2/15/2010 6:48:00 AM # 1
Over the past couple of days I noticed the connection on the DC power jack was becoming faulty, I had to repeatedly wiggle the cord for it to start charging again.

And finally today, it will not charge at all.

Anybody want to tell me why a $1200+ laptop is suffering from such a common problem with way less expensive notebooks? Seems pretty cheap to me. I thought soldering a new one myself after all the horrid tech support stories I've heard.

So, after 30mins of browsing around on this site, I have yet to even find any clear directions on contacting them for a repair...

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
urville
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 34
Posted:3/11/2010 12:42:00 PM # 2
Okay...
I had the same problem and had to RMA. You have to go to the regular ASUS site, a call tot he distributor can garner you the appropriate number.

I just cut it open and soldered it back till the RMA box came. I'm super pissed, we basically bought a 2000 plastic crap holder. Too good to be true for the price, it is, and ASUS... seems apparently you HAVE to offer a 3 year all inclusive warranty if your selling something with this many problems.

Posted:6/14/2010 2:31:00 PM # 3
Hi Urville,
Did they fix your power connector on warranty after you cut it open and soldered it back?
thanks,
Jon3t

Posted:7/11/2010 5:29:00 AM # 4
Hi,
Did they warranty your laptop after you cut it open and soldered it back on?
thanks,
Jon

PS
The way the exclusions read, it looks like if you open the door covering the memory to add a stick, you will have voided the warranty.

thanks,
Jon

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.