Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > G71G  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]ASUS Power Notification AC/Battery Mode New Topic
KKKKKK
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:5/18/2009 1:48:00 PM # 1
While the power cord is plugged in: my ASUS G71G laptop thinks that the power cord is unplugged then plugged back in for some reason.  Which I would not even notice but the laptop switches power settings to the battery ones which freezes the computer for a second, lowers my brightness, etc and doesnt switch it back.  It also puts up the "Battery Mode" message in the middle of my screen. 

How do I tell the laptop to wait untill the power cord is unplugged for 5 seconds before it switches to battery mode.  Or how can I tell it to never switch to "battery mode"?  I switched all the power settings in windows so that they are the same in battery mode and AC mode.  But an ASUS app. is overriding it. 

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
LeMMiNGS
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 159
Posted:5/18/2009 10:11:00 PM # 2

Quote:
Author: KKKKKK Posted: 5/18/2009 1:48:00 PM

How do I tell the laptop to wait untill the power cord is unplugged for 5 seconds before it switches to battery mode. 

You can't, unless you can answer this question:

How do I tell a fish to wait 5 days dry in the desert, before we can find some water?

Quote:

Or how can I tell it to never switch to "battery mode"? 

Remove the battery from your laptop! Without the batteries it can't switch to battery mode!!!

Quote:

I switched all the power settings in windows so that they are the same in battery mode and AC mode.  But an ASUS app. is overriding it. 

You've got to edit the power settings on the ASUS Power4Gear app, not in Windows.

Proud owner of an Asus G2S Notebook! Rocking with Windows 7! Core2Duo 2.2Ghz, OCZ 4Gb RAM, HITACHI 200Gb 7200rpm, Intel WiFi Link 4965AGN, Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 8000, Zalman NC-2000, Lapped Heatpipes and with some ArticSilver 5. Is it a Lamborghini or an Airplane?
KKKKKK
Level :
Posted:5/19/2009 7:46:00 AM # 3
I realize that I have to change the setting in the asus app.  How?  That is my question.  Removing the battery is not a good solution.  If the power to the laptop fluctuates it may just shut down and removing my battery every time I plug it in is going to get annoying.

KKKKKK
Level :
Posted:5/23/2009 8:55:00 AM # 4
Anyone know which asus program I need to close?

costa
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:5/31/2009 7:33:00 AM # 5
I have the same problem with one F3E series. Time ago, in a reinstallation procedeure of OS, I tried to reinstall a lot of driver, and the problem was finished, but i dont know what is the right driver than create this problem.

KKKKKK
Level :
Posted:6/3/2009 1:13:00 AM # 6
Ya, I still have the same problem and no help from ASUS or the forums. I know that ATKOS2.exe and ATKOS.exe are the programs that show the notifications on your screen. But they are not the ones that actually change the settings.

costa
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:6/4/2009 9:24:00 PM # 7
It's true!!  no help from ASUS !!
The customer service tell me than I have to send my computer with the AC/DC converter .....!
The problem is at the 99,99% a software problem.
Now i try again at reinstall a lot of driver..
I need to work with my computer!
ASUS tanks.

costa
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:6/12/2009 1:21:00 PM # 8
I solved the problem by installing all ATK UTILITY from the last to the first !!|

LeMMiNGS
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 159
Posted:6/21/2009 1:09:00 AM # 9
Please pay attention:

The Power4Gear is the software you want to use to setup Power Management settings (when to shutdown screen / harddisks, display brightness and stuff!).

The only way your notebook will not use the battery if the power fails for 1+ second is not having a battery on the first place!

Quote:
Author: KKKKKK Posted: 5/19/2009 7:46:00 AM

I realize that I have to change the setting in the asus app.  How?  That is my question.  Removing the battery is not a good solution.  If the power to the laptop fluctuates it may just shut down and removing my battery every time I plug it in is going to get annoying.

Quote:
Author: KKKKKK Posted: 6/3/2009 1:13:00 AM

Ya, I still have the same problem and no help from ASUS or the forums. I know that ATKOS2.exe and ATKOS.exe are the programs that show the notifications on your screen. But they are not the ones that actually change the settings.

Perhaps you do not wanna see the solution you're looking at, do you?

Proud owner of an Asus G2S Notebook! Rocking with Windows 7! Core2Duo 2.2Ghz, OCZ 4Gb RAM, HITACHI 200Gb 7200rpm, Intel WiFi Link 4965AGN, Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 8000, Zalman NC-2000, Lapped Heatpipes and with some ArticSilver 5. Is it a Lamborghini or an Airplane?
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.