Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > G51J  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Disable G51J Series (A1) Exterior Lid Lights? New Topic
LogicSequence
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:12/27/2009 8:52:00 PM # 1
On the G51J series (A1 for me) and i suppose on many Asus laptops, there are exterior lights lighting up the laptop lid, the republic of gamers logo, etc...  This is cool, and fine, however, they blink when in sleep mode, and when my laptop is in my nice and dark bedroom at night, well it's hard to get used to the room lighting up from a blinking computer. 

Is there any way to disable the lights on the exterior lid from blinking when the computer is in sleep mode?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
an
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 48
Posted:12/27/2009 11:39:00 PM # 2
nope. the only ways are: 1. disassemble the lcd kit and cut/disconnect rhe wires. 2. or put it in hibernation.

Lack
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 49
Posted:12/28/2009 12:46:00 AM # 3
Turn it off, there are still many problems that can be avoided by not using hibernate/sleep modes, especially if you like maximum performance while gaming.

Kamokazi
Level :
Tech Points : 11
Posted:12/28/2009 11:13:00 PM # 4

Quote:
Author: Lack Posted: 12/28/2009 12:46:00 AM

Turn it off, there are still many problems that can be avoided by not using hibernate/sleep modes, especially if you like maximum performance while gaming.

+1 Hibernate is glitchy as hell, sleep is not much better. One of the first things I do when configuring laptops at work is disable sleep on power button and lid close.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.