SEARCH
ASUS Member ID
Password
Forgot password?
Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > G50Vt  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Feedback and Suggestion]ASUS CopyProtect - Anyone else experience this? New Topic
Misha
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:8/8/2009 8:14:00 AM # 1
My DVD/CD Drive kept disappearing and I was convinced it was a registry corruption with Vista since the case of the disappearing CD drive is a common issue with Windows Vista. I did a full system restore after using every trick I could find to recover the drive on forums and none worked: Manually inserting registry values for the drive, deleting the upper and lower filters, uninstalling the drivers and rebooting. You name it, I tried it and got nothing so the full restore was my last resort. After the restore I went to install Windows Updates and my programs, monitoring the DVD/CD drive carefully during each install/uninstall (<--Bloatware), and the drive remained.

I went to activate ASUS CopyProtect and after I set it up, my CD drive disappeared again. I restored my computer to a restore point and got the drive back and uninstalled CopyProtect to keep from using it.

Has anyone else who has tried using CopyProtect experienced this? Is CopyProtect suppose to disable/remove the drive or is this a glitch?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Losnad
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 147
Posted:8/15/2009 4:51:00 AM # 2

Quote:
Author: Misha Posted: 8/8/2009 8:14:00 AM

My DVD/CD Drive kept disappearing and I was convinced it was a registry corruption with Vista since the case of the disappearing CD drive is a common issue with Windows Vista. I did a full system restore after using every trick I could find to recover the drive on forums and none worked: Manually inserting registry values for the drive, deleting the upper and lower filters, uninstalling the drivers and rebooting. You name it, I tried it and got nothing so the full restore was my last resort. After the restore I went to install Windows Updates and my programs, monitoring the DVD/CD drive carefully during each install/uninstall (<--Bloatware), and the drive remained.

I went to activate ASUS CopyProtect and after I set it up, my CD drive disappeared again. I restored my computer to a restore point and got the drive back and uninstalled CopyProtect to keep from using it.

Has anyone else who has tried using CopyProtect experienced this? Is CopyProtect suppose to disable/remove the drive or is this a glitch?

Answer: Yes.

CopyProtect - A program that prevents the unauthorized reproduction of data in notebooks. When locked, the contents in the notebook will not be reproduced by burning a CD/DVD, transferred to a floppy disc, an external storage or network drive. A nice tool to have if you're carrying sensitive data on your notebook.

info from here.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.