ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > G2P  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]ATK Hotkey on Vista Problem New Topic
LoneDog
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:10/21/2007 8:06:00 PM # 1
The problem I have is with the Hotkey application. As of my G2P came with Windows Media Center (swe) and I got this G2P since my old laptop A7JC was broken and been sent for service 3times I got an G2P since they couldn't fix the problem of it crashing constantly.

My vista is an upgrade from the A7JC I got from the asus webpage when vista was new, if you remember "upgrade to vista" by moduslink (Took like 6months had to mail them like 30times before I got my upgrade). The problem is with the ATK HotKey application when you say want to increase or decrease volume by holding down the FN-key and the F10 or F11 key etc.

So what happens is when the computer was freshly installed with vista after about 3-4 reboots the Hotkey application stopped working, this I noticed seeing how the Vista is a volume icon with waves around it and a bar filling up like a half moon to illustrate volume increasing or decreasing. But it insted shows the one that shows in MCE a simple blue bar which says volume and a bar from left to right that fills up with sticks and it doesnt affect the volume.

I've tried rebooting the computer and in like 3times try it works again and next time it doesnt. If I reinstall the hotkey application it works instantly but I shouldnt be needing to that everytime I reboot my computer now would I? I've contacted Asus Nordic by phone and they wanted me to install the latest version of the hotkey application but it wont work cause its the version I am using.

I also had this EXAKT same problem with the A7JC when I had vista on it untill I sent it away and got the G2P.

So is it the Hotkey applications fault doing error or not booting up first or is vista havin like a list and always choose the old/default? one?

FYI its Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
LoneDog
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:9/8/2008 8:16:00 PM # 2
I still have this problem.
I installed the latest one from the g70 as asus nordic instructed me but no help.
After about 2-3 reboots it stops working the FN buttons that is.

So my work around this is to put the computer to sleep FN+F1 and it boots up faster and does not reboot to get this stupid bug.

juin
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 32
Posted:12/22/2008 3:04:00 AM # 3
got a similar prob (FN sound key), got the animation working, but the sound doesnt change... i desinstall/reinstall the ATK HOTKEY software, but nothing change

:(

and i see that this forum still so dead with "asus employee" feedback... my God, im still waiting news about my P5GD1VM motherboard (its years now)

its a real shame, cause ASUS makes good products, but when you got a prob, than the feedback service and/or help is pure shit

still waiting for a cpu lock free for my P5GD1-VM...
rappeappe
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:1/3/2009 7:42:00 PM # 4
There is no asus employee feedback indeed as mentioned in the "I agree" rules... :-(

But I solved this problem by disabling all other sound posibilities which could be selected by Windows.

So I think that windows or ATK hotkeys only supports 1 of the sound posibilities.

Easy to try ... select the first one in the row of posibilities(right click and select play as standard) and try the hotkey (F10 - F12)

On my machine only the first in the row worked with the hotkeys...

So I put the one which I needed on the first place. If you can't beat them you better join them...easy as that.

Good luck.

Losnad
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 147
Posted:1/3/2009 8:14:00 PM # 5
ATK_Hotkey work on the default sound device. Or at least this is supposed to be.
Uninstal the old version you have and try this one, it fixes some bugs.This is the version 1.0.0045
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/ATK_Hotkey/ATK_Hotkey_XP32_VT32_64_081223.zip
Is important also to have the ATK_Drv installed:
Vista 64: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/ATKDrv/ATKDrv_VT64_080605.zip
Vista 32: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/ATKDrv/ATKDrv_VT_080605.zip

juin
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 32
Posted:1/6/2009 12:33:00 AM # 6
yes, as said in my other topic, thats how i resolved it, simply found another version of the driver and it works... btw this is strange because the previous drivers has works for few days !!!???

bah ;)

++

still waiting for a cpu lock free for my P5GD1-VM...
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.