ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > G1Sn  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Lost Recovery Partition New Topic
starwatcher
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:9/16/2008 11:58:00 AM # 1
Ok with out going into how dumb I am!! LOL While installing Linux and having a problem with booting vista along with linux together I inadvertently deleted the Recovery Partition. Only to find out that the Recovery Disk that Asus sent out with this computer is only good for a coffee mug coasters seeing it depends on the Recovery partition. Good news is got Sidux running very well but I do have some programs that I use that require Windows. I would like to get back the 64bit  vista without going out and buying a full install version seeing that I have bought it already when buying this computer. Dumb setup when you need to depend on a partition for re-install, What if the drive goes bad or malware or virus destroys it. Anyone have any ideas in how to recovery the info from this so called "Recovery Disk" Thanks for you help.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
RotnRott
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:9/30/2008 5:57:00 AM # 2
Starwatcher,

Don't feel bad....I did the same thing, albeit it was an accident on my part while perusing the hard drive.  First ASUS machine so I had to be nosy!  LOL

I called ASUS and they said to keep hitting "F9" while the laptop is booting up....BUT....I didn't ask him how to go into Recovery Mode, which is what I think is what will happen if I beat the "F9" key to death.

I ASKED him how to get the Recovery Partition back.  This laptop came with TWO discs only and one of those was for NERO.  The other one doesn't seem to do the trick...it's the ASUS Support Disc.  So the book saying to use the (per model) included Recovery Disc doesn't apply to me.

If ANYONE can tell me how to get this partition back, OR, where to buy the proper disc, I'd surely appreciate it!!!

Kolokoy
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:9/30/2008 11:10:00 PM # 3

Quote:
Author: starwatcher Posted: 9/16/2008 11:58:00 AM

Ok with out going into how dumb I am!! LOL While installing Linux and having a problem with booting vista along with linux together I inadvertently deleted the Recovery Partition. Only to find out that the Recovery Disk that Asus sent out with this computer is only good for a coffee mug coasters seeing it depends on the Recovery partition. Good news is got Sidux running very well but I do have some programs that I use that require Windows. I would like to get back the 64bit  vista without going out and buying a full install version seeing that I have bought it already when buying this computer. Dumb setup when you need to depend on a partition for re-install, What if the drive goes bad or malware or virus destroys it. Anyone have any ideas in how to recovery the info from this so called "Recovery Disk" Thanks for you help.

Sad to say, you'll have to re-install the Recovery CD both disc 1 and 2. It's hard to recover the lost recovery partition especially if it deleted using third-party utillities or under MSDOS.

http://ph.asus.com
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.