ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > G1S  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Problem with Power4Gear eXtreme software New Topic
Hockley
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:4/4/2008 3:42:00 PM # 1
Hey,

I have had my Asus G1s notebook for about 4 months now. I am very pleased with the performance and quality so far, but I have one problem of few wich has been bugging me a lot lately. The battery/performance software that was included called 'Power4Gear eXtreme' which allows you to create custom settings based on min/maximum processor state, how long to wait before hibernation, and so forth does not work properly. When I want to play a game, the best choice for me to pick is 'High Performance' due to the 100% min/maximum processor state (for best game performance). If I leave my PC for up to 15 minutes, it goes into a 'sleep mode' where i'm still in the game but my internet connection drops causing me to drop from whatever I was doing.

I can't leave my computer for over 15 minutes because I'll have to re-log into the game. Every time I try to change the settings on the 'High Performance' preset, and click 'save', nothing happens. I've tried it many times, with no result. I even try to create my own custom profiles, but it just doesn't work. I can't set it to 'never sleep' or 'never hibernate'. I don't know if it's a flaw in the software or if I'm doing something wrong?

Help is appreciated, thanks.

-Dan

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Hockley
Level :
Posted:4/5/2008 5:18:00 AM # 2
Bump - Help is appreciated.

techasus
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:4/5/2008 3:45:00 PM # 3

Quote:
Author: Hockley Posted: 4/5/2008 5:18:00 AM

Bump - Help is appreciated.

Besides setting Power4Gear to "Never", also set other Pwer Options in the Control Panel to "Never".

the notebook man
Antikythera
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 27
Posted:4/5/2008 5:03:00 PM # 4
Uninstall Power4Gear because its rubbish. Instead you can still create your own profiles with Vista's own much better power options page.

Vista's own Performance mode should suffice for gaming as it enables 100% performance for all components and it won't send your notebook into sleep mode after 15 minutes. To make sure, click the Restore Defaults button for the performance plan after selecting it.

Hibernation is pointless and can be disabled for increased performance from your notebook. When you are not using the notebook, shut it down. The hibernation restart is no quicker than a normal boot if Vista is set up properly anyway. To disable it, run the disk cleanup program, choose files from all users and place a tick next to hibernation file cleaner.

As for the network connection dropping, what you can do is change the device properties of the network adapter. Open the 'Network and Sharing Center'. Then open 'Manage network connections'. Right click the adapter you are using for networking and choose 'Properties'. Click on the 'Configure' button to bring up the device properties. Click on 'Power Management' and remove the tick in the box next to 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'. Then click OK to close it and close all of the other networking windows you just opened. You should then not have to log in again.

Should you want to turn the network adapter off to save power, disable it. Re-enable it to switch it back on.

F3Sr-AP725C:- Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 (2GHz, 65nm Micro-FCPGA, 2MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB, M0 Stepping) Intel 965 Santa Rosa Chipset, ATI Mobility Radeon HD2400 (128Mb Dedicated, up to 1919Mb Shared, ATI Catalyst 9.9), USB 2.0 1.3Mb UVC WebCam, Seagate ST916082 1AS 160GB (SATA150, NCQ, 8MB Cache, 387MB Flash), HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20L (ATAPI33 2MB Cache), Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG, 4096Mb DDR2-800 5.0-5-5-15 (2x2Gb SODIMMs: Micron CT25664AC800), 1Gb Intel 'Robson' Turbo Memory, OS: Windows 7 Pro x64
Hockley
Level :
Posted:4/6/2008 1:47:00 AM # 5
I followed what you said perfectly, but when I rebooted and tried to go into the control pannel to change the settings manually like 'Chnage when the computer sleeps' it can't show me the information. It says Your power plan isn't available. Any suggestions?

Antikythera
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 27
Posted:4/6/2008 3:07:00 AM # 6
The instructions I gave you won't have removed all the Vista power plans as Vista so kindly suggests. There are no drivers required by your system which Power4Gear Extreme provides so it is perfectly safe to run the notebook without it. The Power4Gear uninstall may not have completed properly though so you may have to reinstall it and try again. You can still select any Vista power plan in preference to the Power4Gear software if you leave it installed. Removing it just frees up wasted drive and memory space.

Try disabling UAC either way, there might be an admin rights issue with your Vista user account. If there is, disabling UAC will get round it. The process may go more smoothly then.

See method 4 on this page: http://www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm

F3Sr-AP725C:- Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 (2GHz, 65nm Micro-FCPGA, 2MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB, M0 Stepping) Intel 965 Santa Rosa Chipset, ATI Mobility Radeon HD2400 (128Mb Dedicated, up to 1919Mb Shared, ATI Catalyst 9.9), USB 2.0 1.3Mb UVC WebCam, Seagate ST916082 1AS 160GB (SATA150, NCQ, 8MB Cache, 387MB Flash), HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20L (ATAPI33 2MB Cache), Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG, 4096Mb DDR2-800 5.0-5-5-15 (2x2Gb SODIMMs: Micron CT25664AC800), 1Gb Intel 'Robson' Turbo Memory, OS: Windows 7 Pro x64
Hockley
Level :
Posted:4/6/2008 9:56:00 AM # 7
ok, I have it working just how I wanted it. Thanks for the help !

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.