Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Help me restore factory settings New Topic
Raison
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:12/19/2007 3:29:00 PM # 1
Help...

I need to restore G1S back to original factory settings... i tried F8 and restore but it just opens Windows Vista as per normal with no change or options for restore.

It wont let me restore from the backup & restore panel only will let me restore back to a later date... not back to original factory settings.

Can anyone help?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Willy
Level :
Tech Points : 3969
Posted:12/20/2007 11:20:00 AM # 2

Raison,

Put the recovery CD into the DVD drive and restart your G1S.  As soon as the ASUS logo appears, press ESC key (be quick) and select DVD drive to boot your computer.  The recovery procedure will start.  Follow the instructions.  You will be able to restore your G1S back to the original factory settings (just like a brand new one).

It will take about 2 to 3 hours.  You must be patient during the procedure.  Sometimes, it will look like it hangs (or freezes) there.  In fact, it is still continuing.  The computer will power off itself automatically when the recovery is completed.

Raison
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/5/2008 8:12:00 PM # 3
Thanks Willy for your advice...

I have managed to restore back to new and can get back into doing some work/ gaming on it, yay!!
Cheers :)

Quote:
Author: Willy Posted: 12/20/2007 11:20:00 AM

Raison,

Put the recovery CD into the DVD drive and restart your G1S.  As soon as the ASUS logo appears, press ESC key (be quick) and select DVD drive to boot your computer.  The recovery procedure will start.  Follow the instructions.  You will be able to restore your G1S back to the original factory settings (just like a brand new one).

It will take about 2 to 3 hours.  You must be patient during the procedure.  Sometimes, it will look like it hangs (or freezes) there.  In fact, it is still continuing.  The computer will power off itself automatically when the recovery is completed.

Amin
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/6/2008 3:09:00 AM # 4
Thank You Willy.
I'm not trying it just right now but it could be helpfull in time, maybe few month later...

Posted:1/6/2008 8:44:00 PM # 5
Is there any hot key to recover to factory setting without CD boot?

Thanks

Board : ASUS Maximus Formula CPU : Intel Q9450 (Come soon) / Zalman 9700LED Memory : 4GB PC2-8500 Crucial Ballistix Tracer LED VGA : ASUS EN8800GTX 768MB Sound : Creative X-FI Fatal1ty Speaker : Logitech Z550 Digital 5.1 HD : 1x150GB 10K WD Raptor, 2x1TB 7.5K HITACHI Deskstar Case : Silverstone TJ07 Black Windows PSU : Silverstone 850W CroseFire Display : Dell 22" Wide Screen Key-M : USB Logitech Optical : ASUS SATA DVD-RW / SONY IDE DVD-RW OS : Windows Vista Ultimate 64Bit / XP Pro 64Bit
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.