Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > A8Sc  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]ASScrProlog.exe New Topic
Jackson
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:1/5/2008 5:21:00 AM # 1
 On booting my A8Sc/Vista 32 bit notebook, a black command window is thrown up headed ASScrProlog.exe.  I ignore it and it closes after a few seconds and the boot continues fine.  So it isn't much of a problem, but I wonder why it does it and also if I can save the seconds by fixing it in some way.

Any suggestions?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Vanya
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:1/7/2008 1:42:00 AM # 2
You can save much more than a few mizerable seconds by "downgrading" to XP. This is neither risky nor difficult now.

And let us DO claim this from our favorite vendor! It is market: if we do not bargain heavily for OUR interests, then the other party (Microsoft) fixes the deal solely at its own conditions, to its own benefit.

Tony
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:1/26/2008 3:12:00 PM # 3

AsscrProlog.exe is the ASUS Carema ScreenSaver. I got the same problem and just uninstall it. 

Ria
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/3/2010 8:28:00 PM # 4
On booting myASUSK501J seriesnotebook, a black command window is thrown up headed ASScrProlog.exe.  I ignore it and it closes after a few seconds and the boot continues fine.  So it isn't much of a problem, but I wonder why it does it and also if I can save the seconds by fixing it in some way.

Any suggestions?

Ria Stadler 

Dazza
Level :
Posted:9/29/2012 8:41:00 PM # 5
You may have already gotten another notebook by now, but whatever. So, AsScrProlog is the camera screensaver booting up. No harm, but it does look out of place when your notebook has completed booting up and then it starts just before your start using the notebook to do your usual work with. To get rid of it, open up the Run Command by pressing the Vista button and typing in "Run" in the 'start search' area. When you click on it and it open it, type in "msconfig". Click OK and it will show you the System Config panel. Choose the "Startup" tab and the list shown is everything that boots up when you turn your notebook on. Most are needed and probably don't affect CPU usage much so, depending on what it is, you can choose what you don't want to boot up at the start, such as programs for a printer, iTunes and other media players and maybe one ot two other things. Just be sure of which program it belongs to and that it's to something that isn't (should be pretty obvious when you look at the manufacturer name). Once again, most will likely be needed. But you're looking to uncheck both the ASUS Screensaver options (at least I did to my friend's notebook just then while I was fixing it for them). Seems to have done the trick for me at least...

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.