ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > A8Jr  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Doesn't work active cooling system under Windows 7 New Topic
Dr.Gordon
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:1/26/2010 6:50:00 PM # 1
Hi! A few days ago I've installed Windows 7 on the clear HDD, using drivers for Vista. After that the cooling system of the laptop doesn't work up to an overheat. But after reboot of the laptop the fan works. How to solve this problem? Thanks!

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Boston
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/28/2010 6:27:00 PM # 2
same problem, no solution yet. what i suggest you is the fastiest way to reactivate the fan: let the computer go to stand by. in this case in about 10 15 seconds you have your fan workin again.

Andre81
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:2/3/2010 4:46:00 PM # 3
Hi @ All,

at the moment I use this workaround:

Start up my A8Jr on windows 7, when the OS is ready, 2-3 minutes after I click in the power option scheme, and change it in another profile, at this time, the fan start, after that I replace the profile with the original or with my best profile.

Andre

A
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:2/4/2010 9:37:00 PM # 4
I've got the same problem on my Win 7 64 bit..... previously on XP, Vista and Windows 7 32 bit all worked fine! :((( The only solving idea was to install Power4Gear and put processor clock to low... but it still doesn't works! all version are for 32 bit... our bios is outdated... it's made for OLD windows versions OnLY... ASUS forgot about their customers????

Then i tried alternative, which perfactly worked on 32 bit of my previous windows.. Notebook Hardware Control (NHC).. but it, again, won't work on 64 bits. Then i found Rightmark CPU clock utility (RMclock), updated RTCore64.sys to the latest version file and FINALLY it works fine... my CPU clock "dances" on the "performance on demand" temparature is about 37-40 Celsius. Without RMclock notebook starts at 63 degrees, then grows grows to 100 and turns oFF.

But the only problem left is COOLER fan .... it doesn't starts normally.. after 2nd system restart it goes on MAXimum speed, and only on 3rd it starts normally (due to the temperature goes higher and lower)

PLEASE asus developers, could you hear us.. please!update the bios for ASUS A8Jr.. Notebook flies (works much amd MUCH faster) on the 64 bit WIN 7.. so help us solve this little problem.

-------------
All co-users, maybe unite our forces and try to write a general letter to support - developers?

adrdidi
Level :
Posted:5/24/2010 10:40:00 AM # 5
Hi All,

I'm a computer technician. I have an Asus A8Jr as well, and it used to work fine with Windows XP and Windows Vista 32 Bits. I Installed Windows 7 32bits and 64bits long time ago, and since the beginning I was experiencing problems with the CPU FAN not turning on or turning itself off after a while, and the system was overheating and shuting down. I tried everything was possible, latest bios 210, roll back bios to 209, updated Intel Inf files, and used many diferent Power control softwares. The problem seems to be that Windows 7 doesn't control the ACPI properly resulting in system overheating. The only solution is if Asus release a NEW BIOS, but they don't seems to be interested to help customers after they sold their laptops or after it run out it warranty. I called them and they said to contact Microsoft...
I usually recommend to my customers with laptop to buy once a week but and I don't recommend Asus anymore.
Second problem I had with the same laptop was the Lcd top cover cracked (common problem with A8J series), laptop was out of warranty, I called Asus Australia and explained that I'm a tehnician and I could change the part by myself. They said that they don't provide just the part and I had to pay $150 for parts and labour. I bought the new part from store.asus.com (USA) for $20 and replaced it myself.
Hope you guys think twice next time you buy ASUS.
Regards, Didi

Count
Level :
Tech Points : 6
Posted:1/24/2011 11:20:00 AM # 6
Anyone solved this problem? I've tried 208, 209 and 210 BIOS revisions, no joy. I have two unknown system devices in memory but they're bluetooth and the SD card controller.

I heard a rumour that there may be a hotfix out there somewhere or some application that will manually let me set speed control but I've found no further info.

I've also heard a rumou that this problem is related to Windows 7's ACPI drivers, anyone got anymore info? This is a damned frustrating problem, I do not want to punish my friend by rolling back her system to Vista.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.