ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > A8Jc  
  Forum  
  Topic : Function key (volume) problem New Topic
reyve
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:1/8/2007 7:07:00 PM # 1
Hello there,

is there anyone familiar with the problem that function keys simply don't work. Every Fn-key works, except for the 3 volume-keys (mute, volume up, volume down).

I honestly don't have a clue what the cause of this problem is.

Thanks allready for helping me out!

Bart

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
ottaviani
Level :
Posted:3/3/2007 8:42:00 PM # 2
Hi Bart
I have the same problem with my U5F notebook.
Did you find any solution since january ?
Thanks
Fabio

Bennie
Level :
Posted:3/9/2007 7:37:00 PM # 3
I have the same problem too,every fn keys is working fine except for the 3 volume fn keys.
Do anyone have a clue???I'll be very grateful if anyone can help me out.

Hubbard
Level :
Posted:3/9/2007 8:41:00 PM # 4
Yes , I have the same problem with those 3 keys also. I have an A4L notebook and after a recent  re instalation of XP from the recovery partition I cannot use the keyboard volume keys. Interestingly you should find that you can use these keys while using the CD drive without booting windows .. ie a music disc etc  after pushing the CD button ( one of the five buttons in front of the touch pad ) .... this indicates that while running from the bios there is nothing wrong with the keyboard itself. Therefore  the problem comes about  only when 'windoze' loads... So its either a  conflict or driver issue  .. possibly due to a windows update or service pack problem.
I've done all the basics like updating drivers etc ... reloading factory software etc ... but nothing has fixed it so far.
Perhaps this might point someone more savi than I am towards the solution.

:o)

Bennie
Level :
Posted:3/9/2007 8:45:00 PM # 5
Guys i have found the solution to the fn volume problem,try this guys,open media player then press the fn volume keys.wondering if the keys will still work after you have close media player,well good news guys it still works.thank god.
Quote:
Author: reyve Posted: 1/8/2007 7:07:00 PM

Hello there,

is there anyone familiar with the problem that function keys simply don't work. Every Fn-key works, except for the 3 volume-keys (mute, volume up, volume down).

I honestly don't have a clue what the cause of this problem is.

Thanks allready for helping me out!

Bart

claytoid
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/11/2007 4:38:00 AM # 6
I bought an A6JE yesterday (no operating system) and installed Vista Home Premium.  Everything has been running smoothly, but I've also noticed that the FN volume keys don't work.  The onscreen display appears when I try to use them, but the volume remains unchanged.

I tried Bennie's suggestion of using the FN volume keys while running media player, but that didn't help.

However, I did noticed that if you open the mixer window from the volume control next to the clock in the lower right corner, you will see a volume slider for HControl.  When you use the FN volume keys while this mixer window is open, you will see that the HControl slider changes accordingly.  However, there is still no change in actual volume.

I'd be interested to know if there's a fix to this, too.

Huan Len
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/12/2007 5:59:00 PM # 7
Hi,
  For I am having the same problem with the function key as well in Vista. But after updating my Hotkey utilities to the latest version in the following website, every function key works.

http://www.notebookforums.com/thread188430.html

Hope that this helps.

claytoid
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/22/2007 4:17:00 AM # 8

Quote:
Author: Huan Len Posted: 3/12/2007 5:59:00 PM

Hi,
  For I am having the same problem with the function key as well in Vista. But after updating my Hotkey utilities to the latest version in the following website, every function key works.

http://www.notebookforums.com/thread188430.html

Hope that this helps.

I've read that updating the Hotkey utilities may cause the graphic display (which appears in the upper left corner of the screen when you try using the function keys for volume) to no longer work.  Is this true?  Or will I still be able to see the graphic display?

Khoo
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/22/2007 10:35:00 AM # 9
i got the same problem too. Will try install new ATK Media Utility. See if it works

Стамов
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:5/20/2012 12:50:00 AM # 10

Quote:
Author: Bennie Posted: 3/9/2007 8:45:00 PM

Guys i have found the solution to the fn volume problem,try this guys,open media player then press the fn volume keys.wondering if the keys will still work after you have close media player,well good news guys it still works.thank god.
Great Thanks! It helped.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.