SEARCH
ASUS Member ID
Password
Forgot password?
Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > A7J  
  Forum  
  Topic : Updated BIOS. Master password resetted. Cannot get into bios. WTF. New Topic
jn2006
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:3/12/2007 9:40:00 AM # 1
I successfully updated my A7J's BIOS to American Megatrends Inc ver.300 (dated 07/27/2006).

Now I can't get into the BIOS setting because my previous password has been reset. I can't boot off CD either.

Does anyone know the default password to get in?

This is SO STUPID. There is no mention or warning anywhere before, during or after BIOS updating that the master password would reset when you update the bios.

I rang technical support in Australia and they told me I have to take the notebook to a service centre to solve this problem.

The situation is completely absurd. I will never buy asus again.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Spango
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:6/7/2007 9:38:00 AM # 2
Hi,

I faced the same problem with you as well! I managed to overcome the problem by hitting (F11 or F12, can't remember) to select a temp boot device, boot to my CD, flash to an older BIOS version, clear my BIOS password before flashing to the latest BIOS again. Hope this helps!!

Quote:
Author: jn2006 Posted: 3/12/2007 9:40:00 AM

I successfully updated my A7J's BIOS to American Megatrends Inc ver.300 (dated 07/27/2006).

Now I can't get into the BIOS setting because my previous password has been reset. I can't boot off CD either.

Does anyone know the default password to get in?

This is SO STUPID. There is no mention or warning anywhere before, during or after BIOS updating that the master password would reset when you update the bios.

I rang technical support in Australia and they told me I have to take the notebook to a service centre to solve this problem.

The situation is completely absurd. I will never buy asus again.

beos
Level :
Posted:6/7/2007 10:17:00 AM # 3

hello mate

i don't c ur computer but but but....... theres always way to change password in bios u can try to unplug ac adaptor remove battery and maybe under the battery will be switch to restore default settings ........ cause in normal PC jumpers do that i supose if u will read manual u will find way
anyways
Good luck 

MCZ
Level :
Tech Points : 97
Posted:6/8/2007 7:34:00 PM # 4
To all of you who have forgotten your BIOS password - please write email to ASUS support - they have master passwords changed daily for all computers.

http://asus-polska.pl/konfigurator/
Dan
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:7/23/2009 8:25:00 AM # 5
Sorry for bumping an old topic, but I also need my BIOS password reset on an F5GL, and cannot find an email address to write to. Could someone please supply one? Thanks,

Daniel

Daniel Boer |Repair Technician |p: 1300 WORDEX | f: 1300 99 44 10 | e: daniel.boer at wordex.com.au
Bret
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:10/30/2010 11:31:00 PM # 6

Quote:
Author: MCZ Posted: 6/8/2007 7:34:00 PM

To all of you who have forgotten your BIOS password - please write email to ASUS support - they have master passwords changed daily for all computers.

Actually, no they don't. Either that, or their tech support didn't know what they were talking about. I purchased a laptop 2nd hand but don' have the BIOS password. I called tech support but their master passwords do not work. I asked directly if they change daily (because my BIOS is reset so the clock is default) and he stated it wasn't. Now I'm stuck sending the laptop I use for school into them so they can change it.

joe
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:2/15/2011 9:12:00 PM # 7

Quote:
Author: MCZ Posted: 6/8/2007 7:34:00 PM

To all of you who have forgotten your BIOS password - please write email to ASUS support - they have master passwords changed daily for allcomputers.

Emailed to them. No reply. Are you making me angry?

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.