ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Notebook > A6U  
  Forum  
  Topic : A6U Battery wont charge New Topic
tkuchel
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:6/27/2006 5:30:00 PM # 1
Hello all,

I recently purchased an Asus A6U Notebook, after working with it wonderfully for a few weeks i put it in a case while i didn't need it. then two weeks later i got it out.

What i found is now the battery wont charge, the notebook works fine on ac power but just wont power up with battery.

In the power meter program the battery shows as empty if you look at the pic, but above it says.
current power = ac power
battery power = 100%

is the computer confused and thinking it is full when it isn't. i have tried a resinstall but to no luck.

Does anyone has any ideas on what i can do?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
mitxael
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:6/28/2006 9:14:00 AM # 2
align="left">Did you made any update?? Bios maybe??

tkuchel
Level :
Posted:6/28/2006 10:22:00 AM # 3
No i havn't made any updates.

Cheers

Jed_Lu
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:6/28/2006 12:11:00 PM # 4
you can boot up by ac adapter. and then take the batter on notebook for a try.
also you can't take off the battery without any power in it for a long time

天马
vladut
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:6/28/2006 10:10:00 PM # 5
In the BIOS there is an utility for battery refreshing.
Try that!

roachie
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:7/9/2006 9:25:00 AM # 6
Hi there
I have a very similar problem with my new A6VM - charged OK, used off and on for a couple of months using battery and AC, then put away (unplugged) for 10 days max. Now has same symptoms you describe. Did you try the BIOS suggestion?
Thanks

roachie
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:7/12/2006 5:14:00 PM # 7
Well, interesting resolution to my problem - and a bit more background. When I had first tried booting up when the battery was flat, I plugged in the AC to charge, without booting up, just left it for 2 for 3 hours. While 'charging', the charging light on the front of the unit was flashing - I assumed this was the norm until charged (apparently not). Also, the battery icon was not showing in the system tray. I had then, after realising there was no charge on board, tried 'forcing' the battery into action by unplugging the AC while running. This just shut down the unit. So I thought about calling the helpline the next day, but decided to try charging again ( a few hours later). This time the charge light stayed solid, and when I tried later, all was how it should be ... A bit odd, but I'll watch it, and see if I can get any sense out customer service. 

LST
Level :
Posted:7/21/2006 5:10:00 PM # 8
My problem is the same. After some months of use, i unplugged the battery for one week. Now, the battery don't charge over 87% (sometimes 76%, sometimes 83%) and the charging led remain always on !

MACKER
Level :
Posted:8/13/2006 2:19:00 AM # 9
I have exactly the same problem with my A6U. The battery packed in after about 6 weeks from new will not charge. Any solutions.

Zoltan
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/13/2006 10:36:00 PM # 10
Unfortunately we (A6U users)  are facing the same as  Z71V users : http://www.notebookforums.com/thread94034.html

The wearness of the A6U's battery of mine is about 17%(after recalibration, it was 20%) and I really use the notebook ocassionally. The notebook was manufactured on the 3rd week of February in 2006 !!! 20% is said to be normal for1 year !!!

No comment ...

1 2  Next  Last
:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: MCZ New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.