Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Audio Cards > Xonar Essence ST  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Time delay / latency on line in New Topic
vertew
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:4/13/2010 8:58:00 PM # 1
Hi, I've just bought a new Xonar Essence ST. Very nice and sounding fantastic so far, but I've come across one problem that is looking like a total show stopper. I've been playing my keyboard through my PC sound system for the last 10 years with various Creative cards, latterly an XFI XtremeGamer. However, when I plug my keyboard audio-out into the new Xonar line-in, I get a very noticeable delay (few hundred ms) between key strike and note sound. This level of delay is easily enough to make realtime keyboard playing impossible. Having scanned the forums, it seems that there is a fair amount of information around on this topic, but no fixes. To my dismay this quote sums up what I've learned: "Tech Support told me last night that there is indeed a 500ms delay on the line in and it will not be fixed. They said the card is for gamers and home theater. IMO this is pathetic and a waste of my time and money." from 'bowes' Posted:3/20/2009 9:22:00 PM. Does anyone know if this is still the case? If so, very reluctantly, I'll be sending this card back to the shop. cheers. Brief note on my PC setup: OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 CPU: Quad Core Q9550A RAM: 4Gb OCZ

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
cladisch
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 461
Posted:4/14/2010 5:46:00 PM # 2
The Windows driver still has this issue.

There is a new driver that should be released Real Soon Now™, but that one's main feature is automatic sample rate switching; I don't know if it addresses your problem.

Isaac
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 252
Posted:4/15/2010 7:39:00 PM # 3

Hello, Vertew.

Thank you very much for pointing this issue out and we really appreciate the opportunity for explaining that: Although Xonar Essense ST is designed mainly for gaming & home theater, user can still use some recording software with our Xonar ASIO driver to avoid the latency while the instruments is playing and lining in Xonar Essense ST. Recommend you to try this way! Thanks.

ASUS Cine5, ASUS CineVibe, Cinematic Audio Peripherals, ASUS Xonar
Venson
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:4/19/2010 8:37:00 PM # 4
Hello, i have the exact same problem, with my guitar. same card, same OS. I cannot seem to find ASIO drivers, i have installed the latest drivers from the support page. I'm clueless :S any ideas?

Naike
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 17
Posted:6/15/2010 9:33:00 PM # 5

Quote:
Author: Venson Posted: 4/19/2010 8:37:00 PM

Hello, i have the exact same problem, with my guitar. same card, same OS. I cannot seem to find ASIO drivers, i have installed the latest drivers from the support page. I'm clueless :S any ideas?

Yeah where can I find these drivers? I can only find the normal drivers for the card.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: yoyolai New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.