Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Audio Cards > Xonar DG  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Can't install drivers for Xonar DG New Topic
Mama
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:11/12/2011 5:44:00 AM # 1
Windows XP 32bit. Here are the exact steps I took to install the Xonar DG.

Turn off pc.
Plugged the card into a free PCI slot.
Turned on computer.
Windows detected new hardware (Multimedia Controller)
Pressed cancel and went to install latest drivers from Asus site.
Everything is going fine until the actual install, I get this error

http://www.imagebam.com/image/69aef4158774232

I have tried installing the card to 2 other pci slots and installing the unified drivers. Under device manager it shows

"This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

To update the drivers for this device, click Update Driver. If that doesn't work, see your hardware documentation for more information. "

I tried to install the drivers manually but everything has failed me... I do have a different PC I'm going to try later, hopefully its not the card.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Mama
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:11/12/2011 6:05:00 PM # 2
Installed the card to another computer and it works... DAMN! I plan to build a new pc next month and decided to try out this sound card in my old pc but it looks like I'll have to wait for the new pc. Unless someone has some ideas...???

heymian
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 276
Posted:11/14/2011 2:45:00 PM # 3
Well you know the card is operational so that's a good thing. My advice would be to start from scratch and give the installation another try. First, download and install these two programs: Driver Sweeper and CCleaner. With your computer off, remove the Xonar. Boot up your computer and enter your BIOS. Make sure onboard sound is disabled. Save settings and continue booting into Windows. Manually uninstall any sound device drivers from Add/Remove programs. This would include ASUS and Realtek sound drivers. Reboot your computer into Safe Mode. Launch Driver Sweeper and check "ASUS - Sound" and "Realtek - Sound". Sweep and remove anything that is found. When prompted to reboot, choose "No". Launch CCleaner. Click "Registry" and do a scan. Remove anything that is found. Make sure to backup your registry first (it will prompt you). Now, shutdown the computer. Open up your case. Take a can of compressed air and blow into each of your PCI slots. If you see any visible dust on the contacts of your soundcard, lightly blow it off. Re-insert your soundcard into your first available PCI slot. Make sure it is inserted firmly all the way. Close your case, and turn your computer on. Make sure the drivers you are about to install are the latest version for your model soundcard, and for the right operating system and are 32-bit drivers. Install as normal. If you still run into issues, your motherboard may be malfunctioning. Try installing another PCI based device if you have one. Good luck.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: yoyolai New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.