ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Audio Cards  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Asus Xonar ds dead? New Topic
bogdanrma
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:1/20/2011 5:04:00 PM # 1
After I started my computer this morning the sound device is no longer available.
Is detected as multimedia audio controller but it doesn's work anymore. Tried to install/update driver but the setup tells me that there's no Xonar ds pluged in. I uninstalled the driver, changed the pci slot, and tried again to install. I had the same issues.
The card has only 3 months, and worked perfectly. Yesterday all was fine. The PC was shut down corectly, in the morning was simply dead. It is possible to be a firmware issue? Is there a firmware update available?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
cladisch
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 465
Posted:1/27/2011 1:47:00 AM # 2
Might be this problem:
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Xonar_EEPROM_Failure

J.E.
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/27/2011 6:07:00 PM # 3
You are the Men!!! I thought my soundcard was dead. Unfortunately did not know how it happened that the eeprom has been deleted. Hope asus or another finds the weak point :-) Please make this sticky! Best regards PS: Asus Xonar Essence STX on Striker Extreme

bogdanrma
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/11/2011 2:19:00 AM # 4

Quote:
Author: cladisch Posted: 1/27/2011 1:47:00 AM

Might be this problem:
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Xonar_EEPROM_Failure

The retailer gave me another new card on 26 january after a week or so in service. The new card died today the sameway as the first card.
The card was installed on an Asus P5N-E SLI mainboard. I removed my headphones from the front and shut-down the pc. After I started the pc the card was dead.
Could be the piece of hardware that switch automaticaly from heaphones to speakers that is failing?
I switch very often from speakers to headphones, I listen to a lot of music.

Problem solved. Thanks for your tip cladisch.

bogdanrma
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:5/23/2011 8:30:00 PM # 5
Eeprom corrupted for the second time on the second card. Problem solved again by rewriting the EEPROM.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: yoyolai New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.