Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Audio Cards  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Please plug-in ASUS Xonar HDAV device New Topic
Sørensen
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:4/17/2009 3:38:00 AM # 1
I reasently bought the Xonar Hdav soundcard and had been using it for some days before I came over the Asus`s driver page where I found the firmware update. I installed it and it looked like everything was ok sofar. But after the reboot Xonar HDAV center sad that the soundcard was missing. So I tryed to uninstall all the drivers and install them again and when I install the HDAV driver package I get the error message "Please plug-in ASUS Xonar HDAV device" and ends. I still get picture trough, and windows finds a audio device. If I try the firmware update again I get "No ASUS Xonar audio device detected to update". I have also tryed to reinstall windows XP and updated the bios on my pc. Anyone got any ideas about how I can fix this?

Updated to: firmware 1.01
driver :PCI-HDAV-090311-8.17.63(XP3264-LO-01)

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Sørensen
Level :
Posted:4/17/2009 1:56:00 PM # 2
If I let windows search for the drivers at start up it finds the card as C-Media Oxygen HD Audio Device

cladisch
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 470
Posted:4/17/2009 2:57:00 PM # 3
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Xonar_EEPROM_Failure

(And please tell us which mainboard you are using.)

Sørensen
Level :
Posted:4/21/2009 3:02:00 AM # 4
Thanks alot for the help, after reinstalling the eeprom the card works grate again. I haven`t been able to find what mainboard I have, but it is a Dell Dimention 9200 computer. 

Kaufman
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 40
Posted:4/22/2009 11:33:00 PM # 5
Not sure what you are updating but the firmware cannot be updated by the end-user only by Asus, been down that road.
The only way I know of to find your Xonars' firmware level is to have Splendid installed and going into the Xonar control Panel and under the Video section you will find the firmware version. at this time I believe there is only 2 versions, v1.25 the release version and the update v1.39. 1.39 allows for 24 Hz operation. if you don't wish to use Splendid which I don't you can uninstall it after you get your info.
In therory if your cards serial number begins with an 8 your card should have v1.25 unless the upgrade has been done and cards beginning with a serial number starting with a 9 should be v1.39.
Cheers, Rod

Intel Core i7 2.66, Asus P6T, 6 GB Ram, Asus GTX275 896 MB Windows 7 64 Bit Antec Fusion Max Remote Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3,Harmon Kardon AV354,Sony Bravia 52" W series
cladisch
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 470
Posted:4/23/2009 3:32:00 PM # 6
Not sure what you are updating but the firmware cannot be updated by the end-user only by Asus, been down that road.

This has nothing to do with the HDAV HDMI firmware.

The HDAV card has three EEPROMS:
  1. The firmware of the HDMI controller chip.
    This must be changed to support 24 Hz.
  2. An EEPROM that contains parameters for the PCI-E/PCI bridge; all Xonar PCI-E models (DX, D2X, HDAV, STX) have this.
    On the older D2X/DX models, this had to be changed to avoid problems with certain motherboards.
  3. An EEPROM that contains the PCI subdevice IDs of the CMI8788 chip; all Xonar cards have this.
    This ID can get overwritten with garbage, probably due to a BIOS bug on certain other motherboards. My tool helps only with this issue.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: yoyolai New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.