Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Time to RMA? New Topic
mikemgs
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:11/9/2008 8:41:00 PM # 1
Hi,
I have the following problem. Whilst playing Call of Duty 4 the sound got stuck in a loop, the game froze and I could do nothing but re-start the pc. I noticed no sound on windows start up, so I checked device manager and saw the little explanation mark next to multimedia audio controller. I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall but kept getting the same error. After trying lots of other fixes I ended uo backing up and reinstalling windows. Now I cannot install the Xonar driver, I keep getting "please plug in xonar D2X device". The properties box shows no driver installed, error 28.
I have tested the floppy connector on a floppy disk drive and there is no problem. All the lights on the back of the D2X and the orange circle light up, but it just will not let me install the driver.
I have tried plugging it into PCIe 16X and 1.1 but to no avail

Anyone got any ideas or is this defective?

System specs-
Asus Striker  II Forumla
Q6600 - (3.6)
4 gig OCZ Reaper (2x2gig)
Sapphire HD 4870X2
Corsair 850 watt psu
Samsung T240
Asus Xonar D2X ----- Currently in a box awaiting medication or replacement!
Cheers
Mike

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
mikemgs
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:11/15/2008 8:13:00 AM # 2
Its gone back. Ebuyer sent a courier to collect it today. Just thought I would thank all of you for your help.
LOL

Stormpike
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:1/7/2009 1:21:00 AM # 3
Very same symptom as what I had with the same error message "Please plug in Xonar D2X audio device !!!" when I try to reinstall the audio driver.

It wasn't caused by CoD as I have never played one before. The problem just came out of nowhere and the card malfunction. All lights lit up okay at the back. Windows recognise it as a hardware and prompt for driver installation but Asus driver cannot detect the card.

Checking the Hardware Id on Device Manager, for some reason, the Subsystem code has changed. I tried install it on safe mode, it install alright but throw me a BSOD when I boot into the normal windows. I tried add hardware through the legacy hardware method, it too throw me a BSOD. And the last thing I tried was to modify the INF file to make the hardware id matches one of mine, it installed properly but threw me a BSOD when I reboot.

I ended up RMA the card. And yes, you are right, the card is defective. 

mikemgs
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/15/2009 3:32:00 PM # 4
The replacement card I received from Ebuyer went the same way. The same symptoms as above and in my previous post. New one arrives today although I did ask for them to send me a creative alternative. This is the last chance for the D2X

cladisch
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 462
Posted:1/16/2009 5:53:00 PM # 5
It might be possible to repair the card; see http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Xonar_D2(X)_EEPROM_Failure.

Orange
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:2/1/2009 8:44:00 AM # 6
Worked fine for me.... thank you for posting and especially for making the fix Mr C. Ladisch!
I used Knoppix and followed the instructions, took a pretty long time as I had never used Knoppix (or Linux) before but somehow I got the utility to run! My sound card is saved!!!

P5N-T Deluxe with Xonar DX2

C. Ladisch: I can't thank you enough! :-)

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: yoyolai New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.