Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC T91  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Reset Bios Password New Topic
head
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:3/17/2010 5:38:00 AM # 1
I need help, thief's stole my computer awhile ago, got it back but they'd set a bios password trying to access my computer. Where is the bios reset swith, bios master password, or battery on the motherboard??? Thanks

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
DrZ
Level :
Tech Points : 2133
Posted:3/17/2010 10:29:00 PM # 2

Quote:
Author: head Posted: 3/17/2010 5:38:00 AM

I need help, thief's stole my computer awhile ago, got it back but they'd set a bios password trying to access my computer. Where is the bios reset swith, bios master password, or battery on the motherboard??? Thanks

Head,
Shut down your machine.  Remove the battery and disconnect the power adapter.  Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.  Reinstall the battery and reconnect the power adapter if desired.  This process does the same as pulling the CMOS battery.  When you boot up, you should be told to press f2 to go into BIOS or f1 (or something) to load default values.  Select F2 and go into your BIOS.  Go where the password is set and reset the password to blank or a space.  Press F10 to save your BIOS. 

This SHOULD work.
Let us know.
Best Regards,
DrZ

Old Guy. EPc 1201N (Win 7, 4gB RAM). Panasonic toughbook with Windoze XP Pro and Suse Linux. Hand built Power machine with Quad core, 16gB memory, 2TB hard drive, Dual 1gB video Cards, Running XpPro and Unix. Research Engineer with close to 40 yrs experience working on and with computers....guess that makes me an old geek and if not a geek.... just cussed old!
head
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:3/19/2010 5:58:00 AM # 3
Hey DrZ, Thanks but this didn't, if you have any other suggestions it'd be greatly appreciated Thanks Head

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.