Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC S101/XP  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Asus Eee PC100S MBR Error New Topic
AH CHUN
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:3/22/2010 3:39:00 PM # 1
I have i NETBOOK "ASUS EeePC100S" Cn't format WinXp. When i try to reformat the netbook, load untill selection partition when i selected the "C:" install/delete always shown "MBR" said cannot be formated??????? how i suppose to do??? anyways to solve???

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
DrZ
Level :
Tech Points : 2133
Posted:3/22/2010 9:10:00 PM # 2

Quote:
Author: AH CHUN Posted: 3/22/2010 3:39:00 PM

I have i NETBOOK "ASUS EeePC100S" Cn't format WinXp. When i try to reformat the netbook, load untill selection partition when i selected the "C:" install/delete always shown "MBR" said cannot be formated??????? how i suppose to do??? anyways to solve???

The only way I know of to format a MBR (Master Boot Record) is using a floppy drive and a Win ME or XP start disk.  You start up the machine with the floppy in place and when it comes up with your cursor in dos.... you type fdisk/mbr.  This will rewrite and reset the MBR.

I don't know if it will help.... but goto http://www.diydatarecovery.nl/mbrtool.htm.

Best Regards,
DrZ

Old Guy. EPc 1201N (Win 7, 4gB RAM). Panasonic toughbook with Windoze XP Pro and Suse Linux. Hand built Power machine with Quad core, 16gB memory, 2TB hard drive, Dual 1gB video Cards, Running XpPro and Unix. Research Engineer with close to 40 yrs experience working on and with computers....guess that makes me an old geek and if not a geek.... just cussed old!
Brooks
Level :
Tech Points : 6
Posted:4/21/2010 11:46:00 PM # 3
You can probably use Partition Magic, a very worthwhile program I have used for over 10 years. It has a bootable mode on CD. I think it is possible to boot off of an external USB drive with this Netbook but I have not tried that. That is the only issue. (There are other free programs, but they require considerable expertise to use.)

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.