Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 901/XP  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Cannot Connect To Internet New Topic
claire
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:12/25/2008 2:09:00 AM # 1
Just bought a Eee PC 901 series but when i type in the WEP key to connect to my BT Hub wireless router, It wont connect. Any Ideas why?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
JCossa
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 47
Posted:12/25/2008 6:38:00 PM # 2
The WEP code is case sensitive (not obvious with this keyboard). Also, do the setup as Home Network to open the firewall correctly.

The smiling lion with a white EeePC 901/Windows7 (2Gb Ram,64GB SaberTooth SS SSD and 32Gb SDHC SanDisk ExtremeIII card).
Trevor
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:12/26/2008 1:16:00 AM # 3
Hi Claire. Are you saying the WEP Key is being rejected. If so, as others have said, it is case sensitive. Check the bottom right of screen for CAPS ON/OFF. If however your WEP Key is being accepted you need to look elesewhere.

Presumeably you used a Network Cable to configure your Router and to input your WEP Key (Best Option). Now make sure your Wireless LAN is switched on. Bottom right Tray and select 'Eee PC Tray Utility' to switch it on. Best of Luck... A804 RVS

Quote:
Author: claire Posted: 12/25/2008 2:09:00 AM

Just bought a Eee PC 901 series but when i type in the WEP key to connect to my BT Hub wireless router, It wont connect. Any Ideas why?

ASUS Eee 901 XP SP3 Prof. 2Gb RAM. C Drive 8Gb D Drive 4Gb. 2 x 16Gb SDHD Cards
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.