Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 900HD/XP  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Bottom of Browser window missing New Topic
CAK0219
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:5/7/2010 10:03:00 AM # 1
I don't know if there's a technical term for the bottom of a browser window, but it's the bar where you would see things in Internet Explorer like: 'Waiting for 'www.nameofsomewebsite.com', or when the site loads, it will say 'Done'.  On the right side of this bar is where you will see the lock icon for a website.  Basically, it's the bottom of the box that surrounds the website page you are looking at (the top is where you see 'File', Edit', etc and all the icons to manipulate the internet.  I'm missing the bottom of this "box".)

In any event, I don't have one when I use my EeePC...never have, so I can't tell if it's a safe site, or if it's waiting to transfer data from a site. 

I've tried to resize the window but all that does is make the text inside the browser window smaller, it does nothing for the box that surrounds the page you're viewing.

Anyone know?  It might be a setting in IE or Firefox, but since I have the same issue with both browsers, I'm wondering if it's something specific to the EeePC.

Thanks.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Conley
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:5/7/2010 11:02:00 AM # 2

You want the Status Bar I believe.  Click View/Toolbars/Status Bar on the Menu Bar (the one with File Edit View etc.) and you should have it back. 

People who push "Political Correctness" as an answer to intolerance have been, in general, some of the most intolerant people I've known.
CAK0219
Level :
Posted:5/8/2010 1:08:00 AM # 3
That was it.  I knew it had to be something easy, but have no idea why both browsers came set up that way.  I'm just glad I can now see it.  Thanks!

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.