Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 900/XP  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]blank screen (Not Booting) New Topic
bram
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:8/14/2009 6:16:00 PM # 1
ASUS Eee PC running XP will not boot after pressing the power button. I have already taken the battery out, tried ac power only, pressed the reset button, and checked the RAM. The indicator lights are on. The computer will not start

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
DrZ
Level :
Tech Points : 2133
Posted:8/14/2009 8:12:00 PM # 2

Quote:
Author: bram Posted: 8/14/2009 6:16:00 PM

ASUS Eee PC running XP will not boot after pressing the power button. I have already taken the battery out, tried ac power only, pressed the reset button, and checked the RAM. The indicator lights are on. The computer will not start

There is another button you need to try.  Pull the battery and disconnect AC power.  Press and hold your power button for 15 - 25 seconds.  This will reset the BIOS and clear any errors in loading. 

When you say the indicator lights are on.... what are you saying?  Is the hard drive light flashing?  WLAN on?  You might want to try hooking up an external monitor to your unit to see if your screen is dead or inoperative.

Come back and let us know the results of the tests.

Best Regards,
DrZ

Old Guy. EPc 1201N (Win 7, 4gB RAM). Panasonic toughbook with Windoze XP Pro and Suse Linux. Hand built Power machine with Quad core, 16gB memory, 2TB hard drive, Dual 1gB video Cards, Running XpPro and Unix. Research Engineer with close to 40 yrs experience working on and with computers....guess that makes me an old geek and if not a geek.... just cussed old!
bram
Level :
Posted:8/15/2009 12:45:00 AM # 3
it doesn't work, the hard drive light indicator not flashing, only WLAN and Power indicator lights are on.

DrZ
Level :
Tech Points : 2133
Posted:8/15/2009 12:58:00 AM # 4

Quote:
Author: bram Posted: 8/15/2009 12:45:00 AM

it doesn't work, the hard drive light indicator not flashing, only WLAN and Power indicator lights are on.

Send it in for repair.  You have a hardware crash of some form.

Best Regards,
DrZ

Old Guy. EPc 1201N (Win 7, 4gB RAM). Panasonic toughbook with Windoze XP Pro and Suse Linux. Hand built Power machine with Quad core, 16gB memory, 2TB hard drive, Dual 1gB video Cards, Running XpPro and Unix. Research Engineer with close to 40 yrs experience working on and with computers....guess that makes me an old geek and if not a geek.... just cussed old!
Moen
Level :
Posted:11/21/2009 11:22:00 PM # 5

Hello.
It seems like I also have this problem on my ASUS Laptop. I have tried to take out the powersupply, battery and hold down the start button for 50 seconds, the first time I did this I needed to do the steps a few times before the laptop actually started normally. Over the time, it's just getting harder and harder, longer before it starts. Im trying to avoid turning off the laptop in anyway, so I let it be on "restmode". I found a small button under the laptop which shuts down it. It was abit easier than holding down the startbutton for five seconds, then try to start again. Im still having the problem at the moment, but I have succeeded a few times and it ran fine.

Maybe a month ago when I finally got the laptop started, it was very slow and lagging. I checked the RAM, and I only had 1GB (Normal: 2GB RAM). Then I turned the computer off and started trying to get it back.

I dont really want to send it to repair, but if that's the only way, I have to do it.

TAMARA
Level :
Posted:2/11/2010 9:11:00 PM # 6
I just received my eee pc 900 SD , when you push the power button the green indicator light comes on but the screen remains black ?

brown
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:2/12/2010 9:20:00 AM # 7
My wife used this Eee for approx. 2 weeks and then it completely died. No indication of any power going to unit at all. Tried doing reset according to this site - but nothing. Bought from TigerDirect and they won't take it back because it is 34 days since purchase (only 28 days since we received it) and their policy is 30 days.

Now we will likely have to ship it off somewhere and wait god knows how long.

This really is very disappointing for an Asus product.

Rob
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:2/15/2010 5:42:00 AM # 8
Thanks so much for the help, it got my 1005 HAB back up and running. Appreciated.

Biologist curating a university herbarium, bicyclist, Mac user
Bobba Fett
Level :
Posted:3/29/2010 4:51:00 AM # 9
I am also facing the same problem, I have an Asus EEE 900HD. It won't boot up. I've tried taking the battery and power out, then turning it on as suggested, I've tried to reposition the RAM back in. I've tried the hard reset button. Nothing seems to work. Also when connected to an external monitor, it doesn't start up.

When I turn on my Eee, all lights flash, I can hear the fans turning on, however a few secs after turning on the hard disk light doesn't light up anymore.

Please Help, I'm at my wits end with this. Another problem is that it's four months past the warranty coverage date.  :(

Miller
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:4/21/2010 1:13:00 AM # 10
I have the same problem too. I just got a 1005PEB a week ago. Did basic setup and customizing--and FINALLY, tried to run a linux based hardrive imaging app off a bootable usb drive (linux--System Rescue CD) It worked fine the first time, then I realized I should delete the bloatware before I actually imaged the drive. I uninstalled things like skype, then tried to run the usb linux again. BUT first I had to set the usb drive to be bootable in the BIOS. Pressing the F2 key repeatedly did not bring up the bios like it used to. After a few more tries, now ExpressGate doesn't work, nor does it boot up to Windows either. It just sits on a black screen. I have concluded that my Linux-on-usb did NOT do this because it wasn't running when it happened.
Thank you

1 2  Next  Last
:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.