Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 900/XP  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]How do I restore it to factory settings? New Topic
Pinto
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:5/1/2009 4:40:00 AM # 1
I want to restore it to factory settings, i have tried f9 but its doesnt seem to work. i dont have any discs so i dont try the reset button because im not sure what it will do. can anyone help me???

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
DrZ
Level :
Tech Points : 2133
Posted:5/1/2009 4:42:00 AM # 2

Quote:
Author: Pinto Posted: 5/1/2009 4:40:00 AM

I want to restore it to factory settings, i have tried f9 but its doesnt seem to work. i dont have any discs so i dont try the reset button because im not sure what it will do. can anyone help me???

Pinto,
You need to shut down your machine.  After shutdown, hit the power button and then continuously tap the F9 key.  It will bring up the restore routine as long as you have not removed that section of the drive.

If you have problems with this, please come back and let us know what happened.

Best Regards,
DrZ

Old Guy. EPc 1201N (Win 7, 4gB RAM). Panasonic toughbook with Windoze XP Pro and Suse Linux. Hand built Power machine with Quad core, 16gB memory, 2TB hard drive, Dual 1gB video Cards, Running XpPro and Unix. Research Engineer with close to 40 yrs experience working on and with computers....guess that makes me an old geek and if not a geek.... just cussed old!
Pinto
Level :
Posted:5/1/2009 4:47:00 AM # 3
ok i did what you said with the f9 and now all it keeps doing is rebooting and it takes me to the menu where it asks me if i want to start windows normally and i can choose which ever option and it just keeps rebooting

DrZ
Level :
Posted:5/1/2009 6:51:00 AM # 4

Quote:
Author: Pinto Posted: 5/1/2009 4:47:00 AM

ok i did what you said with the f9 and now all it keeps doing is rebooting and it takes me to the menu where it asks me if i want to start windows normally and i can choose which ever option and it just keeps rebooting

Pinto,

OK...forgot something. Start the machine as said earlier and this time...tap the F2 key continuously until you enter the BIOS. Search through the different screens until you get to the setting that says Boot Blaster. Click on it and set it to disable. Then hit F10 to save. The computer will start rebooting then...and start tapping the F9 key. If you get the same issue again where it just starts Windows again, shut it down and restart one more time tapping the F9 key. This should take you to the restore window and off you go.

Either way, come back and let us know.

Best Regards,

DrZ

Old Guy. EPc 1201N (Win 7, 4gB RAM). Panasonic toughbook with Windoze XP Pro and Suse Linux. Hand built Power machine with Quad core, 16gB memory, 2TB hard drive, Dual 1gB video Cards, Running XpPro and Unix. Research Engineer with close to 40 yrs experience working on and with computers....guess that makes me an old geek and if not a geek.... just cussed old!
Pinto
Level :
Posted:5/1/2009 2:16:00 PM # 5
it was already disabled and it keeps booting up....

DrZ
Level :
Posted:5/1/2009 8:35:00 PM # 6

Quote:
Author: Pinto Posted: 5/1/2009 2:16:00 PM

it was already disabled and it keeps booting up....

Pinto,
This doesn't leave many options.  If you have a USB DVD, you will have to use your recovery DVD and restore the system to Day 1.  If you can't get F9 to work, you will just have to restore by plugging the dvd into the burner/player and reboot, hitting esc and then point to your DVD.

Best Regards,
DrZ

jdoyle
Level :
Tech Points : 1074
Posted:5/1/2009 8:56:00 PM # 7

Quote:
Author: Pinto Posted: 5/1/2009 4:47:00 AM
 it takes me to the menu where it asks me if i want to start windows normally and i can choose which ever option and it just keeps rebooting

Sounds like F8

JD

White 900A Linux 1.6 Atom, 1GB RAM, 32GB Patriot SSD, Full KDE
Pinto
Level :
Posted:5/1/2009 10:00:00 PM # 8
i dont have the USB DVD, what can i do now?

DrZ
Level :
Posted:5/2/2009 12:23:00 AM # 9

Quote:
Author: Pinto Posted: 5/1/2009 10:00:00 PM

i dont have the USB DVD, what can i do now?

Pinto,
Restart your computer and when it does whatever it does, get a toothpick or straightened paperclip and poke the reset button on the bottom.  It will just reset the computer.  There are not that many options left to try.  Talk to your friends....I am sure one of them has a USB DVD player/burner.  You are going to have to totally restore your machine. 

We are OUT of options.

Best Regards,
DrZ

lai
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 199
Posted:5/2/2009 1:18:00 AM # 10
you  can try to boot up the pc and install from usb flash memory, but first you will need a desk top to copy all recovery disk file from disk to usb.

kms

Asus Champagne S101H 320HDD Gskill DDR2 667 2GB Ram Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit Asus Silver 1201N 64GB SLC SSD Elpida DDR2 800 8GB Ram Windows 7 Home Premuim 64 Bit Lenovo Black 410A 320HDD Qimonda DDR2 800 8GB Ram Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
1 2  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: HHC New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.