SEARCH
ASUS Member ID
Password
Forgot password?
Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 4G(701)  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Others]What is EeeAP - asus_range_maximizer? New Topic
Freddy
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:12/8/2007 9:27:00 AM # 1
Today I downloaded the EeeAP asus_range_maximizer using the Add/Remover Application and was wondering how is this program/application used and how it works.  Thanks. 

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
JG
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/10/2007 3:23:00 AM # 2
Yep, I got this, too.  Have no idea what it does.  When you run it it seems to search to search for some hardware that I haven't got.  Something to do with the mysterious 3G card?  Have no idea...

J.

Lloyd
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/15/2007 12:19:00 AM # 3
Could this be an app that allows two eee PC's to communicate on a AdHoc like network?

mwolfers
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/15/2007 4:35:00 PM # 4
Some 600 users have seen the question, but we do not yet have a clear response. Any offers please?
Quote:
Author: Freddy Posted: 12/8/2007 9:27:00 AM

Today I downloaded the EeeAP asus_range_maximizer using the Add/Remover Application and was wondering how is this program/application used and how it works.  Thanks. 

Lloyd
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/15/2007 10:42:00 PM # 5
I went to the software update site with my wife's eee pc today and the eeeAP ASUS Range Maximizer is no longer being offered as an installation.

Edit - Well, after I logged onto software update about four additional times the update did appear plus an additional one for internet radio. Not sure why updates didn't appear on earlier log ins.

Freddy
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/19/2007 10:12:00 AM # 6
Seems that AP stands for ACCESS POINT, the rest I have no idea...any suggestions?
Quote:
Author: Freddy Posted: 12/8/2007 9:27:00 AM

John
Level :
Posted:12/22/2007 9:08:00 PM # 7
Doesn't anyone from Asus read these messages? Surely they will know what the software is for!

Cook
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 116
Posted:12/23/2007 1:01:00 AM # 8
Reports from users on the EeeUser Forum (http://forum.eeeuser.com/index.php) suggest that this piece of software boosted 'obvious' WiFi signals while at the same time diminishing lesser ones. Consensus seemed to be that's all well and good, but what if you want to connect to the (now) weaker one?

Yet another ASUS update I gave a pass to.

ASUS would do well to include more useful software in its repo (GIMP, etc) and fewer dodgy patches (see this Range Maximizer and SCIM as examples)....

rockdawg
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:1/4/2008 1:26:00 AM # 9
John, based on the message I have to "Agree" with before I create a new forum topic or reply to current ones, I would say that "no, they don't follow this board."

Here is the first line....
"As this is an open user to user based discussion forum, there is no ASUS engineers online to provide direct support via this forum."

This is the direct quote.  The grammatical error in the verb tense is theirs, not mine.  :-P

Quote:
Author: John Posted: 12/22/2007 9:08:00 PM

Doesn't anyone from Asus read these messages? Surely they will know what the software is for!

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.