Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 1201HA  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]FN key not working New Topic
Han
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:2/10/2010 4:09:00 AM # 1
i recently picked up a 1201HAB, and everything was working fine until a couple of days ago, when my fn key would not work. all the other keys work fine, but i cant' adjust volume, turn the wifi on, or anything. any ideas? thanks in advance

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Han
Level :
Posted:2/15/2010 9:39:00 AM # 2
anybody? any help would be greatly appreciated

zphantm
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:2/16/2010 9:27:00 AM # 3
I bought a eeePC 1005HAB and it came with windows xp. I recently upgraded to windows 7, all the drivers were installed and works fine, but the hotkeys (FN) key does not work. I've been searching online for a solution but can't find one. Help please.

McKenna
Level :
Posted:6/25/2010 5:42:00 PM # 4
I don't think all of the drivers were installed. Open your installation CD (don't run it) and look in the "drivers" folder (see below if you don't have a cd drive). You should have another folder in there that says "KBFilter", open that. Therein, you will see a "HotkeyService" folder. Open that too. In this folder is the "HotkeyService" application. Run this (by double clicking on it) and follow the install instructions. If you don't have a CD drive, find a computer that does and copy the folders to a USB key or external hard drive and connect this to your PC. Then follow the instructions above. Good luck

Sally
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/5/2010 10:09:00 AM # 5

Quote:
Author: zphantm Posted: 2/16/2010 9:27:00 AM

I bought a eeePC 1015PEM and it came with windows 7 starter. I recently upgraded to windows 7, all the drivers were installed and works fine, but the hotkeys (FN) key does not work. I've been searching online for a solution but can't find one. Help please.

Landry
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/22/2011 8:54:00 AM # 6

Since few week I have the same problem with 1001PX !   I can not adjust volume control, etc.   Please help.   Thanks

xerces8
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:9/3/2012 3:38:00 AM # 7
Hi! I can not find this subforum if I start from the forum root or I click the "EEE Family" above the message, where it says "Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 1201HA " It just load the forum root. Is this section closed? Regards, David

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.