Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 1005HAB  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Where is the BIOS Setup Utility New Topic
McCullough
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:5/25/2010 1:18:00 PM # 1
Hey I am trying to get into the BIOS setup Utility and whenever I startup and hit F2 as suggested in the manual (or the DEL or INS keys) it takes me to a Windows Boot screen setup. How do I get into the BIOS setup instead? Im running Windows 7 starter. Thanks -dspaceman

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Nikita
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 395
Posted:5/25/2010 2:16:00 PM # 2

Quote:
Author: McCullough Posted: 5/25/2010 1:18:00 PM

Hey I am trying to get into the BIOS setup Utility and whenever I startup and hit F2 as suggested in the manual (or the DEL or INS keys) it takes me to a Windows Boot screen setup. How do I get into the BIOS setup instead? Im running Windows 7 starter. Thanks -dspaceman

It's there but you're just too late hitting F2, BootBooster is skipping your BIOS. Power down and pull out the battery for about 10 seconds. Place the battery back and power up. But this time start tapping F2 immediately. Once inside the BIOS disable BootBooster and Quiet Boot till you've made all the adjustments you planned to do.

Forum Current time zone offset: UTC/GMT +8 hours -- My Current time zone offset: UTC/GMT +2 hours
Brad
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:6/5/2010 12:16:00 AM # 3
Hi,

I'm having a similar problem but am having trouble creating a new topic in the forum (see below).

I just got an ASUS EeePC 1005 HAB and am having trouble booting.   I have windows XP home.  The message I receive is the following:

"Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM      you can attempt to repair this file by starting windows setup using the oringal setup CD-ROM.  Select "r' at the first screen to star repair."

Alas, I cannot, reliably, get into the BIOS by pressing f2 at startup. 

Some steps I've taken already:

I removed the battery.   Replaced it, held down f2 at startup and got the BIOS (one time).  Set the BIOS to read off of a borrowed DVD drive.   I conducted the "Repair" as instructed (by pressing 'r' when this screen came up. )  The repair complete, I was able to boot into Windows ONE TIME.   The next day, however, I tried again, and the same message came up.

I'm worried that I may have a bad Hard Drive.   Are there any other fixes short of getting a new HD?

Incidentally, I post this with these headings as none of the forum options in the pull down menus of this posting service gave the 1005HAB as an option and it would not let me post unless I picked something.

Matt
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:6/18/2010 1:30:00 PM # 4
Use F2 to get into the BIOS setup utility again and arrow over to the "BOOT" tab.  Go down and disable "Boot Booster".  F10 to save changes and restart.  On the next boot, keep tapping F9 to access a menu to perform system restore from a recovery partition.  Once XP is reinstalled, you can enable "Boot Booster" again.  Good Luck!

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.