ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 1005HA  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Plugged in Not Charging New Topic
mariakatarina
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:1/21/2010 1:57:00 PM # 1
Hi! I am sure you guys were tired of reading the same kind of problem. It seems that a lot of people have experienced the same issue. It's the dreadful "plugged in, Not charging" issue. 1) What is wrong? If I have to replace, would it be the battery or the charger? I still see a blue light on (the charger). 2) I bought this about two weeks ago. Is charger or a battery covered by warranty? 3) If so, how should I proceed. 4) I am going to a conference very soon and I definitely have to have my netbook with me. Shipping back to ASUS is not an option. I need a really quick solution. Assistance appreciated.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
mariakatarina
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:1/21/2010 2:09:00 PM # 2
Now the light on the AC Adopter is off and it's cold (normally it's very warm) Does this mean my AC Adopter is dead but not the battery?

docgoo
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 215
Posted:1/21/2010 3:30:00 PM # 3
Make sure you have 120 volts from the outlet that it's plugged in.
Re-seat the plug going to the charger.
Here is a link for a new charger.
http://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Charger-1005HAB-1008HAG-1005HAG/dp/B002YWB47U 

Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.A little knowledge can be dangerous
Villegas
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:2/8/2010 10:00:00 PM # 4

Quote:
Author: Mariaorohct Posted: 1/21/2010 1:57:00 PM

Hi! I am sure you guys were tired of reading the same kind of problem. It seems that a lot of people have experienced the same issue. It's the dreadful "plugged in, Not charging" issue. 1) What is wrong? If I have to replace, would it be the battery or the charger? I still see a blue light on (the charger). 2) I bought this about two weeks ago. Is charger or a battery covered by warranty? 3) If so, how should I proceed. 4) I am going to a conference very soon and I definitely have to have my netbook with me. Shipping back to ASUS is not an option. I need a really quick solution. Assistance appreciated.

Hello, do you still having this problem?

DrZ
Level :
Tech Points : 2133
Posted:2/8/2010 11:33:00 PM # 5

Quote:
Author: Mariaorohct Posted: 1/21/2010 2:09:00 PM

Now the light on the AC Adopter is off and it's cold (normally it's very warm) Does this mean my AC Adopter is dead but not the battery?

Please remove your battery and plug in the adapter.  Attempt to power up the unit.  Did it work?  If not.... check the connection from the wall plug to the adapter and from the adapter to the netbook.  Make sure they are both firmly seated.  If so, reinstall the battery and leave the adapter installed.  Does the machine turn on?  Are you getting your typical lights on the front of the machine saying your battery is being charged?

Please let us know the results of the tests.

Best Regards,
DrZ

Old Guy. EPc 1201N (Win 7, 4gB RAM). Panasonic toughbook with Windoze XP Pro and Suse Linux. Hand built Power machine with Quad core, 16gB memory, 2TB hard drive, Dual 1gB video Cards, Running XpPro and Unix. Research Engineer with close to 40 yrs experience working on and with computers....guess that makes me an old geek and if not a geek.... just cussed old!
icey
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:2/16/2010 9:21:00 PM # 6
mine is basically the same.. however, it charges only up to a certain capacity.. it never turns green.. ive already sent an email to the support staff but its been 3 days without any reply :(.. the charger is working fine.. i tried plugging it without AC and it works.. its just the battery that wont turn green.. its actually stuck at 90% now.. and uhmn ive read in the warranty card that the battery is covered by 6 mos warranty.. i just hope the tech support replies soon.. im really worried here >.<

CodeXP
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:2/20/2010 7:46:00 AM # 7
Power adaptor does not work any more. The LED on the adaptor does not switch on when you plug adaptor in and does not charge eeepc.

Steffen
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:2/23/2010 11:48:00 AM # 8
Yes, I have the same problem. The charger was working more and more intermittent until it final ceased. Since many people have this problem (http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-1005HA-PU1X-BK-10-1-Inch-Black-Netbook/product-reviews/B002DYIXMI/ref=cm_cr_dp_hist_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addOneStar) there should be a fixed offered by ASUS. At least Toyota has recalls...

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.