ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 1005HA  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Others]32 or 64 bit XP?? New Topic
Laven
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:1/10/2010 2:04:00 AM # 1
Is the Windows XP 32-bit or 64-bit on the EeePC1005HA-PU1X? I need to know since some of the drivers I want to load are dependent on that.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
DrZ
Level :
Tech Points : 2133
Posted:1/10/2010 2:44:00 AM # 2

Quote:
Author: Laven Posted: 1/10/2010 2:04:00 AM

Is the Windows XP 32-bit or 64-bit on the EeePC1005HA-PU1X? I need to know since some of the drivers I want to load are dependent on that.

32 bit. 

Best Regards,
DrZ

Old Guy. EPc 1201N (Win 7, 4gB RAM). Panasonic toughbook with Windoze XP Pro and Suse Linux. Hand built Power machine with Quad core, 16gB memory, 2TB hard drive, Dual 1gB video Cards, Running XpPro and Unix. Research Engineer with close to 40 yrs experience working on and with computers....guess that makes me an old geek and if not a geek.... just cussed old!
Laven
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:1/10/2010 3:27:00 AM # 3
Thanks for the quick response. I see you as the answer genius on this forum. I just got my EeePC and have never used Windows before so it's a steep learning curve so thanks for moderating the forum and being so helpful. I'm sure I'll have more questions in the near future!!

DrZ
Level :
Tech Points : 2133
Posted:1/10/2010 4:11:00 AM # 4

Quote:
Author: Laven Posted: 1/10/2010 3:27:00 AM

Thanks for the quick response. I see you as the answer genius on this forum. I just got my EeePC and have never used Windows before so it's a steep learning curve so thanks for moderating the forum and being so helpful. I'm sure I'll have more questions in the near future!!

Laven,
Welcome to the forum.  I am here simply to assist people as well as to maintain some medium of civility.  If you have never used windows before.... might I suggest you go to one of your local book stores and purchase a copy of some book concerning the care and feeding of Window.

Please bring any questions and issues you have and many here will be able to assist you.

Again, welcome.

Best Regards,
DrZ

Old Guy. EPc 1201N (Win 7, 4gB RAM). Panasonic toughbook with Windoze XP Pro and Suse Linux. Hand built Power machine with Quad core, 16gB memory, 2TB hard drive, Dual 1gB video Cards, Running XpPro and Unix. Research Engineer with close to 40 yrs experience working on and with computers....guess that makes me an old geek and if not a geek.... just cussed old!
JKTex
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 9
Posted:1/11/2010 2:36:00 AM # 5
Just to ad a tid bit about why 32bi OS,it's because the processors used are only 32 bit.  They cannot support 64bit processing.

Enjoy, these things rock!

Manuel
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 50
Posted:1/13/2010 9:25:00 AM # 6

Quote:
Author: DrZ Posted: 1/10/2010 4:11:00 AM

Quote:
Author: Laven Posted: 1/10/2010 3:27:00 AM

Laven,
Welcome to the forum.  I am here simply to assist people as well as to maintain some medium of civility.  If you have never used windows before.... might I suggest you go to one of your local book stores and purchase a copy of some book concerning the care and feeding of Window.

Please bring any questions and issues you have and many here will be able to assist you.

Again, welcome.

Best Regards,
DrZ

The Care and Feeding of Windows, 75th edition

from page 371:
If you get a message from an application you didn't install telling you that your computer is "INFECTED," don't give it your credit card number, no matter how official it looks.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.