ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 1005HA  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]1005HA windows 7 bios update New Topic
Allen
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:12/13/2009 3:44:00 AM # 11
Hi,

I'm actually tryting to decide whether or not to buy an Eee PC 1005 HA that has Windows XP, 280 atom processor, wireless b/g/n, buetooth and full VGA.  I've been researcing netbooks for a while, but can't seem to get the right package in a quality computer.  I've been looking at Toshiba's, but not comfortable with the RGB(sp) port as opposed to VGA, or the highly recommended HDMI.

Anyway, I have always found in my research that Asus Eee was the best made netbook.  So I decided to look at the Eee PC inspite of the fact that it has Windows XP.

Question:  Is Windows 7 worth the effort to upgrade to from Windows XP?  I'm buying this netbook from QVC who is not offering Windows 7 as the OS.  Most netbooks offer the Windows 7 Starter, which I learned, recently, is not the full version.  Should I buy this Eee PC with XP, or buy one somewhere else with Windows 7 already added?  Thanks for all the info.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Castellanes
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:1/31/2010 3:51:00 AM # 12
so i uninstalled the win7 ACPI drivers and installed the WinXp ACPI drivers. When i try to run the win 7 AsusSetup.exe to install the ASUS Updater it says that i must install ACPI drivers and it aborts. i also tried setting the compatability to AsusSetup to xp service pack 2. it still says i must install ACPI drivers. what am i doing wrong?

kennypu
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:5/18/2010 3:13:00 PM # 13
Hey,
  sorry to revive such an old topic, however I had a simple question:
 I am at the step where win 7/asus acpi service gives me the message "missing ACPI drivers, please install asus ACPI drivers."

I was wondering, when you guys say 'uninstall the ACPI drivers', what drivers are you guys specifically talking about? I'm asking this because in device manager, I have multiple items that show 'ACPI'. Do I uninstall all such items or certain ones? listed, these are:
o microsoft ACPI-compliant control method batter
o ACPI x86-based PC
o ACPI fixed feature button
o ACPI Lid
o ACPI sleep button
o ACPI Thermal Zone
o microsoft ACPI-compliant embedded controller
o microsoft ACPI-compliant system
o microsoft windows management interface for ACPI

and thats all. i'm assuming its the fixed feature button - thermal zone, however I believe I tried uninstalling these before, and there was no change, however I may be wrong. Any confimation or support is welcome, i'm kind of a beginner at this. Thank you in advance,
   -ken

Braud
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:6/13/2010 2:51:00 PM # 14
Hi Kennypu,

I'm in the same scenario as you describe above. Which driver did you un-install and did it work for you?

Tom
Level :
Posted:8/12/2010 10:22:00 PM # 15
Hey Just wanted to mention. This problem had been really annoying me for ages and really causing me alot of difficulty then just the other day I downloaded the asus auto updater which updated my bios and biggedy bam fatty were done.
Sleeps and wakes like a gem. Give it a burl.
PEACE!

koji
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:9/7/2010 8:53:00 PM # 16
Hola, no consigo poner un tema en esta página, como puedo hacerlo?, ya que tengo un problema con el pc: Al iniciar el pc me dice que tengo que actualizar la BIOS, la actualizo, reinicio y me sigue saliendo el mismo mensaje. La última actualización de la Bios que me dice que me descargue, es la que tengo en el ordenador.

yogesh
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:9/10/2010 11:10:00 PM # 17
i not properly shutdown my eeepc after that i restart eeepc but it stuck at a screen showing asus logo and "press f2 to run setup, press TAB to display BIOS POST message"
but when i press f2 or TAB nothing happens.
than i press alt f2 it works and i successfully update my bois.
but still boot stuck at that screen...
plz help what i do ?it is hardware problem or software problem?

First  Prev  1 2
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.