ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 1005HA  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]1005HA Not Charging Battery New Topic
RDM
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 2
Posted:7/26/2009 2:57:00 PM # 1
The battery is not charging, even though the battery monitor indicates that it is charging.  The plug is fully seated and I have allowed overnight with PC powered down.  The charging light is amber all the time, but the battery charge does not increase above 9%.

Any ideas?  Is this the AC adapter or something worse?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Kehl
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:7/29/2009 11:00:00 AM # 2
I had the same problem mine said 80% charged, never changed. wouldn't work on battery at all. I ended up returning it for a replacement. I'm beginning to see a trend with the batteries. I think most are ok but maybe there is a batch of bad ones out there.

BMan
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 6
Posted:7/29/2009 1:41:00 PM # 3
I know you said the plug is fully seated, but what about the battery itself? There's another thread where a member was having terrible battery life. It turns out the problem was much simpler than we all thought - the battery wasn't properly seated into the computer. It just may be something to try before you go about a return/refund.

RDM
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/2/2009 4:01:00 AM # 4
Thanks all.

I went  back to the store where I got it and they let me try a new battery.  Sadly the issue was with the computer itself so I had to exchange it.  The new one seems to be charging just fine. 

Doustar
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:12/10/2009 12:47:00 AM # 5
I've just bought a 1005HA yesterday, althogh I've checked almost everything at the shop but seems like I've missed the battery life (the main reason I've decided to buy 1005HA!)
Battery charge seems to be locked on 40%, you charge it or not it won't change at all. it even was shut down because of zero battery charge but when I plugged it in and turned it on again it was still showing that 40%, after 7 hours of AC charge it was still on 40%.

So I'va sent it back to warranty guys today.

cbutters
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:12/12/2009 12:58:00 PM # 6
You can try this fix that I posted in a pretty old thread:

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to post my experience, I had the same issue (my battery was stuck saying it was at 43% and would not charge.) If I pulled out the charging cable it would shut off. Whenever the AC adapter was plugged in the battery light was a solid orange. So I followed some of the steps on this forum and I think I have it working now. Here is what worked for me:

A) Upgraded BIOS to latest version (I don't think this helped)

B) I let the computer sit at the bios screen with it unplugged from the wall until the battery died. (At this point it still would not charge or work, still said 43% when I booted on AC power.) I even tested the battery terminals using a pin and a multimeter and it had no charge!

C) I pressed and held the ON button for a while to drain the battery as much as possible then I let the computer sit all night and all day with no charge. I also left the AC adapter unplugged from the wall.

D) After letting it sit for the 24 hours, I took out the battery then pushed it back in and then held my breath and plugged the adapter into the 1005HA, and then the AC adapter into the wall. To my relief at that point the battery orange light flickered on for a split second then after a few seconds it started blinking orange (which was different than the solid orange light I was getting before!) I then let it boot into windows and I saw it detected 0% battery life, and after a few minutes it now says 3% so it looks like it is working now! (The orange light went back to being solid, but appears to be still charging.)

Hope this helps others and thanks to everyone who gave the tips before hand.
-Cbutters

Ferron
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:9/20/2010 11:19:00 AM # 7
I have 2 Eee PC 1005HA units so it made it easy to check the issue of "Plugged in, not charging". Mine had the issue, wife's OK. switched chargers, same problem. Switched batteries and the problem was solved. There are many postings on the internet about battery problems with ASUS netbooks. I have contacted ASUS for a new battery, but not too optimistic about a quick solution. Will try BestBuy in a few days if no luck with ASUS.

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: HHC New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.