Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 1002HA/XP  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Boot Menu New Topic
fradav4
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:10/24/2009 9:06:00 AM # 1
I made a bootable USB drive (backtrack 3) and I am trying to get it to boot off of this laptop.  I confirmed the USB drive is bootable on an old Dell laptop (the dell gives me the option to hit F12 for boot menu).  Does the Asus Eee PC 1002HA have a shortcut to get to the boot menu?  I already tried setting the bios to boot off of the USB drive and no luck.  I even disabled the HD from booting and still no luck.  Any ideas?  I can't find anywhere if there is a shortcut to bring up a boot menu.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
DrZ
Level :
Tech Points : 2133
Posted:10/24/2009 10:51:00 AM # 2
Shutdown your machine.  Press the power button and immediately start tapping the esc key.  This should open your boot menu.

Best Regards,
DrZ

Old Guy. EPc 1201N (Win 7, 4gB RAM). Panasonic toughbook with Windoze XP Pro and Suse Linux. Hand built Power machine with Quad core, 16gB memory, 2TB hard drive, Dual 1gB video Cards, Running XpPro and Unix. Research Engineer with close to 40 yrs experience working on and with computers....guess that makes me an old geek and if not a geek.... just cussed old!

Tech Points : 5
Posted:12/21/2010 11:45:00 PM # 3
Thank you it Works also for my F3 and G53 Laptop ;)

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.