Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 1001HA  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Do I need any Asus software for my EeePC New Topic
FNNi
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:4/29/2010 3:36:00 AM # 1
I've just installed Windows 7 on a EeePC 1001HA for a family member.

I noticed that there was a lot of Asus junk programs on the original Windows XP install. Are any of them really import than I should reinstall onto Windows 7?

For example, does the EeePC require special battery management software or should the built-in windows one be fine?

Thanks,
FNi.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
wayne
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 362
Posted:4/29/2010 3:04:00 PM # 2
i don't have Eee PC, but i think i can give you my opinion,

i had several DELL computers, they added many programs, online this one line that. sometimes they hangup. they also slow down my start up time,  i uninstall them and get partially and un-clean uninstall.. many nagging things during start up..

eventually I use standard windows installation and now i have  peace of mind for very long time.

my opinion is, if your style of using plain windows OS is adequate for you, by all means just stay with it so that you do not have additional headache to deal with things that you do not need.

Nikita
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 395
Posted:4/29/2010 3:13:00 PM # 3

Quote:
Author: FNNi Posted: 4/29/2010 3:36:00 AM

I've just installed Windows 7 on a EeePC 1001HA for a family member.

I noticed that there was a lot of Asus junk programs on the original Windows XP install. Are any of them really import than I should reinstall onto Windows 7?

For example, does the EeePC require special battery management software or should the built-in windows one be fine?

Thanks,
FNi.

FNNi, in the download section for your Eee Pc you'll find a guide called Self-upgrade to Windows® 7 for your Eee PC with Windows® XP.

All files and install sequences mentioned in it are essential for a proper Win7 install.

Forum Current time zone offset: UTC/GMT +8 hours -- My Current time zone offset: UTC/GMT +2 hours
FNNi
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:4/30/2010 9:58:00 AM # 4
Thanks for the replies guys.

I've been going through the Self-Upgrade to Windows 7 guide but it has caused even further confusion.

My Eee PC model is 1001HA (that's what it says on the bottom of the netbook) however the bios update for that model doesn't work. When I try to load it up I get a 'ROMID' error.

EZ-flasher recognises my netbook as a 1005HA model, which has completely different bios upgrades. Yet when I go into the bios, it clearly says the model is 1001HA.

So what do I do here? Should I download the BIOS from the 1005HA section but all software from the 1001HA section?

Nikita
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 395
Posted:5/1/2010 6:22:00 AM # 5
If your Eee PC is a 1001HA and you have downloaded the latest BIOS for 1001HA you have to RENAME it to 1001HA.rom in order for EZ flasher to recognise it.

Forum Current time zone offset: UTC/GMT +8 hours -- My Current time zone offset: UTC/GMT +2 hours
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: HHC New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.