ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 1000HE  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Eee as Ebook reader New Topic
djnshores
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 175
Posted:2/27/2010 6:16:00 AM # 1
I have been trying to use my 1000HE as a poor man's eBook reader. It is easy enough to pivot the display from landscape to portrait. What I have trouble with is the touchpad. It is still oriented for a landscape display. Consequently, the cursor is hard to control.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to pivot the touchpad controls or know of software to perform this application?

I find it more comfortable reading in a portrait oriented display and seems like a good application for a netbook.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Howard
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:5/7/2010 9:04:00 PM # 2

Quote:
Author: djnshores Posted: 2/27/2010 6:16:00 AM

I have been trying to use my 1000HE as a poor man's eBook reader. It is easy enough to pivot the display from landscape to portrait. What I have trouble with is the touchpad. It is still oriented for a landscape display. Consequently, the cursor is hard to control.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to pivot the touchpad controls or know of software to perform this application?

I find it more comfortable reading in a portrait oriented display and seems like a good application for a netbook.

I was checking out the ASUS EeePC forum and saw your thread.  I have an ASUS netbook and have been using it as an E Book reader.  I agree with you that it does a great job at that.  I am using a utility called EeeRotate.  The touchpad orientation is correct when you switch to portrait mode.  To switch to portrait all you do is press ctrl/alt/right cursor.  To switch back to landscape press ctrl/alt/up cursor.

You can get the utility at http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,77693/description.html

Happy Computing

djnshores
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:5/7/2010 10:00:00 PM # 3

Quote:
Author: Howard Posted: 5/7/2010 9:04:00 PM

Quote:

I was checking out the ASUS EeePC forum and saw your thread.  I have an ASUS netbook and have been using it as an E Book reader.  I agree with you that it does a great job at that.  I am using a utility called EeeRotate.  The touchpad orientation is correct when you switch to portrait mode.  To switch to portrait all you do is press ctrl/alt/right cursor.  To switch back to landscape press ctrl/alt/up cursor.

You can get the utility at http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,77693/description.html

Happy Computing

Thanks for the reply. I will try that utility program. It is exactly what I am looking for.

djnshores
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:5/8/2010 7:16:00 AM # 4

Quote:
Author: Howard Posted: 5/7/2010 9:04:00 PM

Quote:

Happy Computing

Wonderful, works great!

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: HHC New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.