ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 1000HE  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]F9 key does not respond New Topic
Spotterke
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:8/23/2009 3:35:00 PM # 1
Hi all,
I have a dual boot config on my eee pc with xp and linux,but want to get rid of the linux.When i trie to recover the eee with the F9 key nothing happens.Boot booster is off in the bios,and tried to tap the f9 key or just hold the key.Nothing is responding.How can i recover/reinstall my eee pc?
Second question,does anybody know how to make a cd/dvd from the ghost image on the recovery partition?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Marc
jdoyle
Level :
Tech Points : 1074
Posted:8/23/2009 9:06:00 PM # 2

Quote:
Author: Spotterke Posted: 8/23/2009 3:35:00 PM

.How can i recover/reinstall my eee pc?

Use the Recovery DVD that was in the box with the new machine.

JD

White 900A Linux 1.6 Atom, 1GB RAM, 32GB Patriot SSD, Full KDE
Spotterke
Level :
Posted:8/23/2009 10:44:00 PM # 3
Easy to say,but i don 't have a usb dvd player.Can i copy the content of the disk to a usb stick?Does this work?

Marc
jdoyle
Level :
Tech Points : 1074
Posted:8/24/2009 7:39:00 AM # 4

Quote:
Author: Spotterke Posted: 8/23/2009 10:44:00 PM

Easy to say,but i don 't have a usb dvd player.Can i copy the content of the disk to a usb stick?Does this work?

A how-to for creating a recovery USB flash drive without and external optical drive can be found here:
http://myeeeguides.wordpress.com/2008/10/15/eee-pc-1000h-recovery-from-usb-flash-drive/

JD

White 900A Linux 1.6 Atom, 1GB RAM, 32GB Patriot SSD, Full KDE
Spotterke
Level :
Posted:8/24/2009 3:57:00 PM # 5
Thanks,going to try that!

Marc
fordson
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:8/25/2009 12:50:00 AM # 6

Quote:
Author: Spotterke Posted: 8/23/2009 3:35:00 PM

Hi all,
I have a dual boot config on my eee pc with xp and linux,but want to get rid of the linux.When i trie to recover the eee with the F9 key nothing happens.Boot booster is off in the bios,and tried to tap the f9 key or just hold the key.Nothing is responding.How can i recover/reinstall my eee pc?
Second question,does anybody know how to make a cd/dvd from the ghost image on the recovery partition?

the software for f9 is on D drive

Spotterke
Level :
Posted:8/25/2009 2:04:00 AM # 7
In my case it isn't.There's a little partition(about 4gig) with the recovery software on it.My d partition is 60Gig.Anyway my problem is solved,not using the method with the usb key,but i had to buy an external dvd station and that did it.
One more question,if i clean up the whole disk(all partitions gone)will the recovery dvd restore my eee pc to original state,or is the recovery partition realy needed?This is just in case of trying other os'es like win7...

Marc
DrZ
Level :
Tech Points : 2133
Posted:8/25/2009 2:36:00 AM # 8

Quote:
Author: Spotterke Posted: 8/25/2009 2:04:00 AM

In my case it isn't.There's a little partition(about 4gig) with the recovery software on it.My d partition is 60Gig.Anyway my problem is solved,not using the method with the usb key,but i had to buy an external dvd station and that did it.
One more question,if i clean up the whole disk(all partitions gone)will the recovery dvd restore my eee pc to original state,or is the recovery partition realy needed?This is just in case of trying other os'es like win7...

Anytime you use your Support DVD, it will return your machine, partitions and all, to the same state it was in on Day 1.  So... do you need it?  Not really but you can save yourself about 20 minutes of recovery each time you do it if you leave the recovery partition alone.

Best Regards,
DrZ

Old Guy. EPc 1201N (Win 7, 4gB RAM). Panasonic toughbook with Windoze XP Pro and Suse Linux. Hand built Power machine with Quad core, 16gB memory, 2TB hard drive, Dual 1gB video Cards, Running XpPro and Unix. Research Engineer with close to 40 yrs experience working on and with computers....guess that makes me an old geek and if not a geek.... just cussed old!
Spotterke
Level :
Posted:8/25/2009 3:13:00 AM # 9
Ok that's good news,i heard that win7 runs pretty good on the eee...so one day i'm going to try it without having the fear  that i can't return to factory settings.

Marc
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: HHC New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.