ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 1000HE  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Battery Charge Indicator light question New Topic
Prouty
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:3/9/2009 5:30:00 AM # 1

My battery indicator light does not function as all as described in the user's manual but not as previous posts have describe either.  My light only shows solid orange (red, really) when plugged into power outlet and is not lit at all in any other circumstance.  Is this a malfunctioning light or is the manual faulty?  The other LEDs appear to be working as claimed in the manual.   Being anal-retentive, and having just received this shiny tech toy, I want to be sure that it isn't a true problem... Thanks, all.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
John
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/9/2009 6:44:00 AM # 2
yeah, the red light only comes on when i am charging the netbook
it turns green when it is fully charged
when i unplug the netbook from the power adapter and use it, no light comes on

moki
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/9/2009 6:53:00 AM # 3
Mine does the same - never turns green. I'm not going to worry about it as the battery charges fine and holds a charge as advertised.

Enjoy!

NEW 900HA XP, my 701 is now running Linux again.
st.ours
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/9/2009 12:59:00 PM # 4
Mine also went from orange to green when charged,but no light at all when using it while not plugged in.

k24
Webmaster
Level :
Tech Points : 134
Posted:3/9/2009 2:50:00 PM # 5

Powered ON
                                                                  AC Mode                                 Battery Mode
Battery charge is between 100%–80%      Orange ON                             Green ON
Battery charge is between 80%–10%       Orange Blinking Slowly     Green Blinking Slowly
Battery charge is less than 10%                  Orange Blinking Quickly  Green Blinking Quickly

Standby Mode / Powered OFF
                                                                  AC Mode                       Battery Mode
Battery charge is between 100%–80%   Orange ON                         Off
Battery charge is between 80%–10%     Orange Blinking Slowly       Off
Battery charge is less than 10%                Orange Blinking Quickly      Off

Prouty
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/10/2009 3:41:00 AM # 6
Thanks for the replies... k24, as I said, I did read the manual (and saw the above info) but my LED behavior begs to differ with what's in the book.  Summary:  No light with battery power.  Blinking light for a very brief period after plugging in and charging a completely discharged battery.  Solid red/orange light during vast majority of charging.  Solid green light upon reaching full charge that went out after removing the power cord from the unit.  So, looks like at least someone else has the same "problem" so I am not crazy.  Contacted tech support yesterday, got a "we'll call you back within an hour" and no return call yet... No reply over email.  Will keep you all updated (whoever you are...).  Thanks again!

Moore
Level :
Posted:3/10/2009 5:38:00 AM # 7
I just received my 2nd 1000HE from Amazon and it has the same problem yours does. Two in a row may be a record. Amazon is sending the 3rd unit out, we'll see if I can go 3 for 3!

Chita
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:3/10/2009 8:04:00 AM # 8

My EEE 1000HE was delivered from J&R last week and I have the same experience.  When charging with the power off, the light is an unblinking orange.  When using the AC adaptor for power, the light is solid green.   When using the battery for power, there is no light.   However despite this discrepancy from the manual, the net book works beautifully, fast boot up and the battery indeed is long lasting

Prouty
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/10/2009 8:52:00 AM # 9
OK all... Finally reached support and this is considered a "problem", i.e. malfunctioning unit.  Like Chita above, all else appears to be working.  I prefer to have everything work as promised, so like others before me, Amazon.com gets this unit back for a replacement.  Will post again if my next one doesn't work.  Must be some kind of bug in the marmalade...

Hood
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/11/2009 9:11:00 AM # 10
class=postContent id=cdPostContentBox_MxWW8M3VI5G7VQ style="DISPLAY: block">I received my 1000HE yesterday and I am having the same battery indicator light problem. Changes to green when fully charged, but the light goes out when I unplug the charge cord and am strictly on battery power.  However, I'm not sure how much of a problem this really is because there is a battery icon in the system tray in the lower right hand corner of the screen that gives detailed information as to how much time the battery has left in the charge and the remaining charge percentage. Just scroll your pointer over the battery icon or double click on it and you will get this information. This may actually be a less annoying way to know your charge time left as opposed to having a blinking green light on all the time after the charge goes down to 80% and below.  Also it's more accurate.  I'm not sure if it's worth returning the unit over a non-critical light not working properly, but everyone has to make this decision on their own.  What do you all think that have this problem?  

1 2 3  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.