Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Battery LED indicator [resolved] New Topic
H.P.Baxter
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 8
Posted:4/23/2009 3:09:00 AM # 1
Hallo
first of all sorry for my English, if i made some faults.

so my problem is :

when i charge the battery, everything go  normally, Blinking red light from 0 - 80% of charging & then Still red light from 80 - 100% of charging.
when the battery is charged ( Power Options Properties= > Power meter  => charged 100%   / power source => AC power) the red light don't disparate or changed to the Green.  (like its is with others Laptops even my EEE PC 900). when i unplug the charger. led go to the green  (hmmm ) & when the power is low  ( +/- 20 %)  the green led is starting to blink.

so I'm wondering if I'm the only one with this problem.? if the battery is broken or the circuit in mother board is ... broken .. or... or i don't know...  

I have made no Major changes (no Ram upgrade or HDD )
i have installed XP-Pro EN. SP2 is this a problem ?

thanks you ( à l'avance)  :-)

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
DrZ
Level :
Tech Points : 2133
Posted:4/23/2009 3:21:00 AM # 2

Quote:
Author: H.P.Baxter Posted: 4/23/2009 3:09:00 AM

Hallo
first of all sorry for my English, if i made some faults.

so my problem is :

when i charge the battery, everything go  normally, Blinking red light from 0 - 80% of charging & then Still red light from 80 - 100% of charging.
when the battery is charged ( Power Options Properties= > Power meter  => charged 100%   / power source => AC power) the red light don't disparate or changed to the Green.  (like its is with others Laptops even my EEE PC 900). when i unplug the charger. led go to the green  (hmmm ) & when the power is low  ( +/- 20 %)  the green led is starting to blink.

so I'm wondering if I'm the only one with this problem.? if the battery is broken or the circuit in mother board is ... broken .. or... or i don't know...  

I have made no Major changes (no Ram upgrade or HDD )
i have installed XP-Pro EN. SP2 is this a problem ?

thanks you ( à l'avance)  :-)
HP,
I don't have my machine here with me today but from what I remember, my 900HA/XP battery light is always lit red when plugged into the supply.  It does not turn green until I remover the power supply and run directly off the battery. 
So.... I am wondering if you have an issue or if this is the norm for this machine.  I will check it this evening and see if that is normal.

Best Regards,
DrZ

Old Guy. EPc 1201N (Win 7, 4gB RAM). Panasonic toughbook with Windoze XP Pro and Suse Linux. Hand built Power machine with Quad core, 16gB memory, 2TB hard drive, Dual 1gB video Cards, Running XpPro and Unix. Research Engineer with close to 40 yrs experience working on and with computers....guess that makes me an old geek and if not a geek.... just cussed old!
Terry
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 19
Posted:4/23/2009 6:38:00 AM # 3
Please see page 2-5 of the manual (available from the download site if you don't have it).

What you describe is normal ... except the manual says the light is orange, not red.  Mine looks red to me!

Red(Orange) when on AC power, green when on battery power.

Liveaboard cruiser on the Yacht VALHALLA for over the past 22 years. Website: http://yachtvalhalla.net
b0ybangis
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 4
Posted:6/13/2011 5:58:00 PM # 4
y people, here is my problem, whenever my battery gets to 10% my light indicator does not blink until my laptop shuts down. can anyone help me please..thanks a lot

:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.