Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]slow boot New Topic
silvino
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:12/26/2008 6:21:00 AM # 1
it's a new eee pc 1000H/XP with 2gb memory

sundenly it started to take more than 3min to boot.
which is more than it was taking just a few days ago, after purchase. and i've almost not installed nothing on it.

there's also a strange symptom. probably associated to the problem itself: the initial music of windows is played very slowly ..just if it was with hiccups! something similar happens when i try to play a music.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
billson2000
Level :
Posted:1/12/2009 9:15:00 PM # 2
Hi silvino,

I have the same problem with my EeePC 1000H / XP. While playing Video the same thing happens. It began after the HDD made a suspicious noise. Different to the known klicking noise described in this forum.
Do you, or does anyone else, have any solutions for it?

Thanx, billson2000

Iznogood
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:2/10/2009 2:12:00 AM # 3
I have the exact same problems with the same configuration, 1000H with XP and 2 GB RAM. Also came suddenly for me, I was watching videos from an external HD, the first was no problem, but the third got slow and choppy audio. After that, booting took much more time. Hardly anything installed either, just Google Chrome, ZoneAlarm Security Site, ZoneAlarm Forcefield, and after the troubles began, CCleaner. Takes me about five to six minutes from start until the desktop appears, then another three mins until I can do anything on it. Will update BIOS to see if that might help, even if I doubt it.

Wilco
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 47
Posted:2/11/2009 11:22:00 PM # 4
Put back the original 1GB Ram in your machine, this will do the trick!

Skazius
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:2/12/2009 8:00:00 AM # 5
In my case, the hd doesn't boot up on first power up.  It takes a minute to power down without os ever booting, powering up after this second shut down will finally get the hd going.

Why does the upgrade to 2Gb do that?  Is there a work around other than replacing the memory?  I'd like to keep my 2gb, you know.

Skazius
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:2/12/2009 7:41:00 PM # 6
Try disabling boot booster in bios.  Worked for me.  Woohoo!

Nik
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/1/2009 12:56:00 PM # 7
I have the same issue. I can't trace it back to anything. The system was running fine for weeks, I have only had it for about 2 weeks. Today it suddenly takes about 3 or 4 minutes to boot, the sound at the welcome screen is extremely "choppy" and everything just seems generally slower. I tried disabling the boot booster. Anything else I could try? I am thinking about just returning this thing.

Nik
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/2/2009 3:04:00 AM # 8
Now I have noticed that it is taking nearly 5 minutes for this thing to boot. It also runs slow when in Windows. It also stutters the sound on shutdown as well. I have tried replacing the RAM, and going back to a good day on system restore and it has had no effect. I might try reloading windows from the recovery DVD. Any ideas?

Mika
Level :
Posted:3/7/2009 8:23:00 PM # 9
I also have the same issue. The system was running fine for two months. After a friend of mine came and changed something in the standby settings, everything just seems generally slower. It takes now about 5 minutes to boot, the sound at the welcome screen and during video playing is extremely "choppy". Does anyone have an idea ?

LePat
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 3
Posted:3/27/2009 2:19:00 PM # 10
I resolved my slow boot by deactivating the "Windows Image Acquisition". The fact is I disabled the WebCam and this service waited some timeout to let WinXP boot normally, this may happen with manny services related to deactivated hardware (network for example).

The hashing boot song may come from a hard drive in PIO mode in stead of UDMA 5. This is due to a problem with the hard drive: damaged disks, unplugged pins, buggy controler, ...
Windows downgrade UDMA disks to PIO when it gets to many hard drive failure while reading or writing. PIO mode is also very slow.

Hope it helps someone...

1 2  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.