ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 1000H/XP  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Others]XP recovery without a DVD drive? New Topic
Koulouris
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:2/26/2009 3:28:00 PM # 11
Hello to everyone. I have to format my asus in order to reinstall windows xp. if a have an external DVD drive and choose from the BIOS to boot from the DVD, then the only thing i have to do is to use the recovery DVD that came with the pc, or do i need to do anything else?

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
dude371
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/11/2009 7:01:00 AM # 12

Hi. I bought a Eee Pc 1000HD/XP and it comes with a DVD under the name of Support CD or SUPPORT DVD.
The words RECOVERY DISK, or RECOVERY DVD, or so, do not show on the CD front whatsoever.
Is this actually the Recovery tool in case I want to restore the Eee back to its original factory status ?? Thanks for your help.

dude371
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/11/2009 7:07:00 AM # 13

You can check the manual on line on the download section at ASUS website and you will find the file, clearly explaining how to do so. now let me ask you a question: Is that RECOVERY DISK that came with your Eee showing the words RECOVERY Disk ?? My Eee only came with one labeled SUPPORT DVD. Is this the same stuff ??? Or is it that my Eee came with one less Disk in the package ??? Please confirm. Thanks

Westover
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:7/5/2010 11:01:00 PM # 14

Quote:
Author: dude371 Posted: 3/11/2009 7:07:00 AM

You can check the manual on line on the download section at ASUS website and you will find the file, clearly explaining how to do so. now let me ask you a question: Is that RECOVERY DISK that came with your Eee showing the words RECOVERY Disk ?? My Eee only came with one labeled SUPPORT DVD. Is this the same stuff ??? Or is it that my Eee came with one less Disk in the package ??? Please confirm. Thanks

Yes, the support disk is the recovery disk

arcybarrios
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:8/14/2010 6:05:00 AM # 15
what if we don't have that disc?

in the process of moving countries I lost the CD =( and i now need it to do a recovery

First  Prev  1 2
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: HHC New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.