ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > Eee PC 904HD/XP  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Feedback and Suggestion]windows 7 on eee904HD New Topic
Kumar
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:8/27/2009 4:47:00 PM # 1
Hi, Anyone of you tried to install windows 7 on the 904HD? Is it worth a try and what's the performance difference windows 7 vs winXP? Another Q - what is a good video player for eee pc? I am using VLC and I have an issue that once in a while the player skips some frames or freezes for some seconds, the sounds continue playing during the freeze. The same thing with WMP classic (k-lite pack) and WMP11. Thanks, Ris

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
DrZ
Level :
Tech Points : 2133
Posted:8/27/2009 10:32:00 PM # 2

Quote:
Author: Kumar Posted: 8/27/2009 4:47:00 PM

Hi, Anyone of you tried to install windows 7 on the 904HD? Is it worth a try and what's the performance difference windows 7 vs winXP? Another Q - what is a good video player for eee pc? I am using VLC and I have an issue that once in a while the player skips some frames or freezes for some seconds, the sounds continue playing during the freeze. The same thing with WMP classic (k-lite pack) and WMP11. Thanks, Ris

Kumar,
Going to give you a couple of links to go look at.  Read and see what you think.

http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?id=72179

http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?id=57259

Since very few people here have explained the process for putting Win 7 on their machines, I would suggest you also join the forum the link will take you to and contact some of the people who have had success with the installation.

After you get it working.... please come back and write up a comprehensive process others can follow.

As far as your video player.... you have the best out there.  Have you turned your super hybrid engine to super performance?

Best Regards,
DrZ

Old Guy. EPc 1201N (Win 7, 4gB RAM). Panasonic toughbook with Windoze XP Pro and Suse Linux. Hand built Power machine with Quad core, 16gB memory, 2TB hard drive, Dual 1gB video Cards, Running XpPro and Unix. Research Engineer with close to 40 yrs experience working on and with computers....guess that makes me an old geek and if not a geek.... just cussed old!
Kumar
VIP Member
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:8/28/2009 8:23:00 AM # 3

Quote:
Author: DrZ Posted: 8/27/2009 10:32:00 PM

Quote:
Author: Kumar Posted: 8/27/2009 4:47:00 PM

Kumar,
Going to give you a couple of links to go look at.  Read and see what you think.

http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?id=72179

http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?id=57259

Since very few people here have explained the process for putting Win 7 on their machines, I would suggest you also join the forum the link will take you to and contact some of the people who have had success with the installation.

After you get it working.... please come back and write up a comprehensive process others can follow.

As far as your video player.... you have the best out there.  Have you turned your super hybrid engine to super performance?

Best Regards,
DrZ

Hi DrZ. Thanks for your reply. I'll check as soon I as have some time. Just arrived at work. I'll let you know if I manage to install win7 and write some about the encountered issues etc. About VLC, Yes I have the SHE set to Super. I am not 100% sure but I have the feeling that the problem or got worst after I installed the new VLC player. Maybe I wil try to get a hold of the previous version and do some testing. Rishi

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: HHC New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.