ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Eee Family > ET1602  
  Forum  
  Topic : [Problem]Eee Top Wall Mount New Topic
Haskey
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:1/2/2009 6:08:00 PM # 1
Hi,

I'm looking at buying an Eee Top for my kitchen as it looks like the perfect machine to access the internet for things like recipes whilst I'm cooking. However, I wouldn't want it to be stand-alone on a work top. Ideally it would be wall mounted, flip down from under a kitchen cabinet or be fixed to an extendible arm.

Does anyone know if this is possible, either with an Asus or thirdparty mount?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Vod
Level :
Posted:1/5/2009 6:38:00 PM # 2

Steve,

I just bought the ET1602 with the exact same idea: a computer in the kitchen for recipes.  Likewise, I was also interested in the wall mount.  Unfortunately, it was not in the box, and despite all my efforts of searching on the internet, I couldn't find one for sale anywhere.  The good news is that the user's manual references the wall mount hardware (pages 18-19 of the English version, downloadable from the Asus support download pages), and it seems to be an Asus product.  The manual shows how to dismount the table stand and then mount the Asus VESA-compatible mounting plate which attaches to the back of the ET1602 with 4 screws in an inverted "T" pattern.  The plate then allows one to attach VESA 75 mounting hardware with the standard 4 screws.

I'm still looking for a place to order this mounting plate from, so any info you might learn on that front would be much appreciated.

Have you identified any particular software to use for your recipes?  I'm looking for something that makes best use of the touch screen interface.

Regards,

David

Haskey
Level :
Posted:1/6/2009 6:54:00 PM # 3
Hi David,

I didn't have any particular software in mind. I was planning on just using something online like cooking.com.  I don't know how accurate the touch screen is and whether that is going to be a problem.

Thanks for the info on the wall mount. Sounds like ASUS might have to be contacted directly as a web search isn't showing where I could buy one from.  If I find anything out I'll let you know. And if you hear anything before me then could you please post it here?

Regards,

Steve

Haskey
Level :
Posted:1/9/2009 3:30:00 AM # 4
I contacted ASUS UK customer services who said...

Further to our previous conversation, ASUS will be releasing an VESA mount adapter for the EEETOP. It should have been released this week but has been delayed to next month.

The EEETOP does not have the standard VESA fittings, so it needs an adapter.

Peter at Platinum Solutions will be able to accommodate this order when the product is available.

peter@platinum-solutions.co.uk

+44 (0)20-7636-6500

Vod
Level :
Posted:1/12/2009 2:11:00 AM # 5
Hey S, thanks for this update from ASUS.  Lookslike it's Feb then before it gos up in the kitchen.

Cheers,

David

Haskey
Level :
Posted:2/18/2009 6:59:00 PM # 6
Latest update from ASUS UK...

The part code & pricing for the wall mount pad is listed below. 

1. P/N: 90-PE0QSP1000Z

2. Price: £13.30

3. Leadtime: N+3 week

4. Compatible with VESA75 ONLY.

5. We sell the wall mount pad only. The user needs to buy a wall mount kit shown in step 4.

I called "Platinum Solutions" again but they are still waiting for their distributor to get the part. So I'll phone again next week.

I really don't know why it takes so long to make a small piece of plastic available. A small piece to plastic which I would have thought would be very popular with anyone who has bought an eee top.

OES
Level :
Posted:3/14/2009 3:19:00 AM # 7
Try: http://www.amazon.com/Panel-Monitor-Mount-Black-ML30B/dp/B000J3QB2Y

Haskey
Level :
Posted:4/14/2009 4:46:00 PM # 8
Last week I finally got the wall mount and I'm able to mount my eee top to a wall (Other than wanting a touch screen this is the only reason I bought an eee top).

However, I do feel that I've been very poorly treated by Asus.

Firstly I was assured by Asus when I bought the machine that the wall mount bracket, which is shown in the computer's operating manual, would be available in January. I've had to phone every single week for three months to chase this bracket, waiting for it to finally arrive. The operating manual describes it and has a picture of it. So it must have existed when they printed the manual. So how long does it take for a small piece of plastic to arrive?  And why couldn't they include it with the computer? For the first three months of having this machine I've not been able to use it in the way I wanted to.

Secondly, I was told that the bracket would be about £16. For some reason I had to end up paying double that. £25 plus delivery.  For a small piece of plastic!!

Thirdly... and when it did arrive it didn't come with any screws to fix the wall mount bracket to my vesa mount. I couldn't believe it. I could use the screws from the computer's stand to fix the wall mount bracket to the computer but you'd think they'd supply 4 little screws to fix the bracket to a vesa mount. Wouldn't you?

This is all a real shame. I was really excited about getting this computer but the constant delays took the shine off. And then the silly price and lack of screws to actually be able to use it was the last straw.

Would I buy from Asus again? Well I certainly wouldn't trust their word.

lee
Level :
Tech Points : 1
Posted:4/16/2009 12:23:00 PM # 9
where were you able to buy the vesa adapter from?
Quote:
Author: Haskey Posted: 4/14/2009 4:46:00 PM

Last week I finally got the wall mount and I'm able to mount my eee top to a wall (Other than wanting a touch screen this is the only reason I bought an eee top).

However, I do feel that I've been very poorly treated by Asus.

Firstly I was assured by Asus when I bought the machine that the wall mount bracket, which is shown in the computer's operating manual, would be available in January. I've had to phone every single week for three months to chase this bracket, waiting for it to finally arrive. The operating manual describes it and has a picture of it. So it must have existed when they printed the manual. So how long does it take for a small piece of plastic to arrive?  And why couldn't they include it with the computer? For the first three months of having this machine I've not been able to use it in the way I wanted to.

Secondly, I was told that the bracket would be about £16. For some reason I had to end up paying double that. £25 plus delivery.  For a small piece of plastic!!

Thirdly... and when it did arrive it didn't come with any screws to fix the wall mount bracket to my vesa mount. I couldn't believe it. I could use the screws from the computer's stand to fix the wall mount bracket to the computer but you'd think they'd supply 4 little screws to fix the bracket to a vesa mount. Wouldn't you?

This is all a real shame. I was really excited about getting this computer but the constant delays took the shine off. And then the silly price and lack of screws to actually be able to use it was the last straw.

Would I buy from Asus again? Well I certainly wouldn't trust their word.

Haskey
Level :
Posted:4/16/2009 4:46:00 PM # 10
I phoned Asus UK who gave me the name of my local supplier;

Platinum Solutions in London.   -  http://www.platinum-solutions.co.uk/

You can't order directly from their website. I had to phone them.

They might deliver to the U.S.

1 2 3  Next  Last
Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.