Join member

ASUS Support Home Location : Forum > Optical Storage > DRW-1612BL  
  Forum  
  Topic : Burning Software? New Topic
McPherson
Level :
Tech Points : 0
Posted:3/10/2007 10:40:00 AM # 1
I recently purchased the DRW-1612BL from newegg.com and the unit arrived w/out any software.  I've got it installed and recognized by windows, and while I haven't tested it with any of my apps for my old DVD-RW I'm presuming it will be recognized by them.  I'm used to getting some type of burning suite when I purchase burner drives.  Is this not the case when you purchase Asus products through newegg?  I went to the downloads page for my specific unit and only found a lightscribe compatibility patch that will make the lightscribe features of this unit work with various burning suites.

Reply Reply Quote & Reply Quote & Reply
Dentech1986
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/10/2007 9:56:00 PM # 2
Ok...I'm sorry for my mistakes in text,because i living in Ukraine )))))and not good speaking on English!
But,You have optical storage ASUS DRW-1612BL,and not responsible burn any progect,because you dont have really program!I will answer to you:you can absolutelly free download NERO 7.7.5.1(trial by 1 month) from www.nero.com.
And when your license has been not work,you can buy this software

McPherson
Level :
Posted:3/11/2007 10:34:00 AM # 3
Well, what I was asking was more along the lines of - is this unit supposed to come with software?  My previous purchases of optical storage devices have all come with programs, this is the first that did not.

Leo-uk
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/15/2007 6:18:00 AM # 4
In answer to your query regarding the supply of software with the DRW-1612BL.  I purchased one today, in the UK,  complete with Nero Software, and a nice zipped CD case complete with two Verbatim LightScribe CD's and a set of mounting screws.  The contents were as advertised on the Asus web site.  Sorry to say, but looks like you have been well and truly stiched up.  Incidentally the Nero CD supplied did not contain Nero Vision Express but this can be downloaded via the nero web site albeit it without the help files which you can download seperately.

ps.  OEM drives don't usually contain any software or cables which you only usaually get with RETAIL versions as per the DRW-1612BL

Kind regards

Whatever
VIP Member
Level :
Posted:3/19/2007 5:21:00 AM # 5
Ditto.  Got the same software and case n lightscribe cd's. As mention in previous post, if's an OEM, you usually get nothing more that the unit and a nice electro-static bag! The difference betwen the box set and the OEM was only about 7$, so I decided to splurge. Lol

MoBo.: AMD64 AM2 ASUS CROSSHAIR NF590 PCIE PSU: 600W Power ATX OCZ GameXstream SLI CPU: AMD ATHLON64 X2 5200+ 2.60G/2000/2M/AM2 Ram: 2 X KINGSTON HYPERX 800MHZ DDR2 2048MB Graphics Card: LEADTEK PCIE GF8 PX8800GTS 320M
Jim
Level :
Posted:4/26/2007 12:35:00 AM # 6
No software with the one I bought either. Maybe because the unit is sold as OEM no software comes with it as it is for replacement only with software already installed? Looking into software for units sold as retail. Good luck in your hunt for drivers too. Right now all mine will do is read CDs only.
Jim

Previous Topic:: Next Topic
Feedback for our Website ModeratorModerator: New Topic Related FAQ Related FAQ Forum Home Forum Home
Forum Model :
Legal Information | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Contact Us | ASUS Global
  ©ASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.